AMD Finally Feeling the G(e)Force?

Driver reliability has nothing to do with single card systems. Only in SLI or CrossfireX does it set them apart.

Of course it affects single GPUs too. Crossfire/SLI tend to have more, but even single GPUs have driver issues.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I dont think those numbers are necessarily their high end products since pretty much every retailer is still out of stock on the 680

and I dont think the demand for 500$ video cards necessarily out strips demand of all the lower tiers

nvidia fan boys have been around a long time, I wouldn't read into it too much

I was talking about 680 VS 7970. This was coming from Newegg directly.

Of course it affects single GPUs too. Crossfire/SLI tend to have more, but even single GPUs have driver issues.

+1 When you add multiple cards into the equation you just increase the existing driver problems :lol:

yep, i have had their 5770, 6970, another 6970, another 6970, and now two 7770s, and my crashing problem with the 7770s is still as bad as ever. and the store wont let me return the cards as the hardware itself is fine, its the driver that is the issue, so i am stuck with them until i get some 680s/7970s/685son that topic, with 2-3 cards, underwater, overclocked and in eyefinity/surround, what wins at high resolutions and maxed aa/af/settings?

You'll find out soon enough on my blog. ;)

Soon enough is now. ;)

http://computerhardwareupgrades.blogspot.com/2012/04/gtx-580-3gb-sli-vs-gtx-680-sli-vs-hd_18.html

Iv'e never had ANY driver issues with single ATI/AMD GPU's.

That doesn't mean single card driver issues don't exist. From looking at your specs, it's clear that you're even cheaper than me (and I'm very cheap):

So how can you speculate on Sli-Xfire driver issues if you don't even have dual(+) cards?

Back to the original topic: Me personally, I'll stick with Nvidia. I took a leap once changing form Intel to AMD for the pricepoint, and I wasn't dissapointed. But I've had the luxury of personally using 3 AMD/ATI cards.. All 3 of which had issues in several games, or just general driver instability and CTDs on games which weren't caused by lack of resources. With Nvidia, I've only had a small handful of issues: Which is usually because of a failed overclock. ONE time I had a driver update that just wasn't working, so I rolled it back and the issue has never reoccured since. I just don't trust AMD GPUs to be honest.