Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

Fogel

Normally I'm not really one for these things but at the same time they're interesting ...mostly I because I seem to fall in the middle somewhere.   This one is pretty clear cut though.  I looked up what a INTP is since just about everyone on Head-Fi is INTJ and almost no one is INTP ...and damn the description is a little too close to accurate (minus the whole science/philosophy/law/psychology/architecture thing).  I though about highlighting the really relevant stuff that struck home (like hating politics, titles, presenting too much info on simple topics, uncomfortable with praise, prefer to work alone, fear of failing and irrelavant social customs), but wow too much. :unsure:

INTP

(per Wikipedia)

INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. They are curious about systems and how things work. Consequently, they are frequently found in careers such as science, philosophy, law, psychology, and architecture. INTPs tend to be less at ease in social situations or in the "caring professions", although they enjoy the company of those who share their interests. They prize autonomy in themselves and others. They generally balk at attempts by others to convince them to change. They also tend to be impatient with the bureaucracy, rigid hierarchies, and the politics prevalent in many professions. INTPs have little regard for titles and badges, which they often consider to be unnecessary or unjustified. INTPs usually come to distrust authority as hindering the uptake of novel ideas and the search for knowledge. INTPs accept ideas based on merit, rather than tradition or authority. They have little patience for social customs that seem illogical or that obstruct the pursuit of ideas and knowledge. This may place them at odds with people who have an SJ preference, since SJs tend to defer to authority, tradition, and what the rest of the group is doing.  INTPs prefer to work informally with others as equals.

INTPs organize their understanding of any topic by articulating principles, and they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs. Having articulated these principles for themselves, they can demonstrate remarkable skill in explaining complex ideas to others in very simple terms, especially in writing. On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they need to be. To the INTPs' mind, they are presenting all the relevant information or trying to crystallize the concept as clearly as possible.

Given their independent nature, INTPs may prefer working alone to leading or following in a group. During interactions with others, if INTPs are focused on gathering information, they may seem oblivious, aloof, or even rebellious

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres mine:

INTP

Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(25%)  Perceiving(33)%

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

INFJ

Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(56%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)

You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%) 

Been a while since I took one of these, but it's still fairly accurate from then to now.

Whoa, another INTP - right on Andrew!

I wouldn't have thought you to be a Judger, BP ...though you got a pretty foothold with 56%.  I was wondering if you would throw off my guess and be the Extrovert I wasn't predicting so the 11% doesn't surprise me.

I stopped halfway through. I realized that each of my answers depend on the situation. For example the one that asks if its difficult to get me excited. If my brother asks me to go fishing, I couldn't give two shits, but if my fiancee asks, I'd be excited. For me, most of this stuff depends on who asks, who its with, etc. I don't have a definitive answer of yes or no for most of this, so there's no way I can get an accurate result. Sorry, I broke your test. 

ISTJ
Introvert(56%)  Sensing(25%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I guess its right

Kind of have to agree with Onion, I just don't see any easy way to answer a lot of those questions, they all require circumstances. Besides that, a lot of the test feels like wishful thinking as well, I don't think I can answer half of those questions accurately without another person's opinion. For example: "Your actions are frequently influenced by emotion," I would feel like I would want to say no to that but then the fact that I feel that way about it would indicate that my answer/action is being influenced by emotion. I think the only way I could properly answer that question is with a friend's opinion.

ENFJ
Extravert(1%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Not accurate for me as my taste and attitude for most of the questions can change daily.....

Extravert(67%)  Sensing(25%)  Thinking(50%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Extraversion over Introversion (67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Fairly accurate I would say.

BP:

INTJ
Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Waco:

ENFP
Extravert(33%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(12%)  Perceiving(11)%
  • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Well I'm not paying $6 for the marriage test but it put me and Waco at over 62% :P

ISTJ
Introvert(56%)  Sensing(25%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I guess its right

We have the same attributes max.