The Witcher 2

InCrYsIs

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2...p;mode=previews

I can't wait until this comes out. Definitely top 3 RPG's of all time for me.

huh i didn't know there was gonna be a sequel. i had a blast with #1...played thru it like 4 times over the course of a year and enjoyed it every time...do you happen to know which DX it's gonna be in off the top of your head ?

huh i didn't know there was gonna be a sequel. i had a blast with #1...played thru it like 4 times over the course of a year and enjoyed it every time...do you happen to know which DX it's gonna be in off the top of your head ?

It's not really releasing much in the way of specs. Mostly story content and stuff. I would have to guess they will redo the graphics on it. I would be fine if it stood the same. The first game was very nice graphically. That was definitely a surprise game in 2007. Turned out to be RPG of the year. Once I got going it was hard to walk away. The book was pretty good too.

Early 2011, so far off :(

Top 5 RPG's

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 1

The Witcher

DAO + Expansion

Diablo 2

Edited by InCrYsIs

I made a news article on it the other day, glad to see it got announced quickly. It'll be formally unveiled at the news conference next week. Little bit more here.

CD Projekt confirmed that the title is under development, but has offered little in the way of details. So far we know that the developer has built an entirely new engine from scratch for the title.

Entirely new engine, hopefully without the little grainy bits on most of the cutscenes and conversation screens. Too bad we have to wait a full year for it, but at least it'll be time well spent. More news will apparently come out tomorrow.

I made a news article on it the other day, glad to see it got announced quickly. It'll be formally unveiled at the news conference next week. Little bit more here.

Entirely new engine, hopefully without the little grainy bits on most of the cutscenes and conversation screens. Too bad we have to wait a full year for it, but at least it'll be time well spent. More news will apparently come out tomorrow.

If I were a betting man, I would wager we will see it for the holidays.

Oh this is going to be Sweet, Thanks for the heads up Cry! :thumbs-up: :D

Oh yes it will, especially with the improvements they are making. They said the sequel will not be linear. The first one wasn't linear in my opinion so does this mean the open-world will be bigger? I wish they would have started on this sooner.

Almost forgot, the debut trailer. :lol:

What do you mean by too much stuff? Too many quests? There can never be too many quests.. I hate games that don't have enough of them. Fallout 3 was very light on quests compared to something like Oblivion or Morrowind. Dragon Age has plenty of them and all of them can take up a lot of time which is great. The Witcher is no different.. I spent 8 or 9 hours just on the prologue and first chapter. I didn't even start the main story quest for the second chapter until I had done everything else I possibly could have. :lol:

The one knock I can see against the Witcher is the combat system. It takes a bit to get used to because its pretty different from other RPGs. Instead of just clicking wildly until the enemy is dead, you have to time your clicks otherwise you leave yourself open to attack and you can die very fast that way.

The one knock I can see against the Witcher is the combat system. It takes a bit to get used to because its pretty different from other RPGs. Instead of just clicking wildly until the enemy is dead, you have to time your clicks otherwise you leave yourself open to attack and you can die very fast that way.

thats the one reason i didn't play the game the whole way through. i just really didnt like the combat system. change that and maybe ill look at the new one