Ivy Bridge delayed until June...

Efficiency is a large factor in heat, as well. Chances are that the smaller die will be more efficient than the larger die, so that might offset the heat factor.

Anyways, the release date is April 23rd, I think. We'll find out soon enough.

http://www.slashgear...aunch-12222610/

YUP! Waco, I think we all need to wait.

An ES IB tester explained to me a few things yesterday :

Why the temps are so high - 95 watts out of a 22nm die is hotter than 95 watts out a 32nm die like Waco said. And you cant even blame the onboard GPU for the heat since its not even used with a discrete card with MVP disable. Where a SB at 4.8GHz would be 72C on air at 4.8GHz, an IB would be high 90's C - Without the iGPU !! Ivy Bridge is on such a compact die that air or water cannot cool it properly. Cascade, SS can do a great job, with Dry Ice many records will be broken and with LN2 you can imagine and even see the potential it has.

But its not a fail, an IB at 4.55GHz delivers more points than a 5GHz SB in Synthetic benchmarks (about 25 more points in 3D Mark 11 CPU test)

Ivy Bridge is a tick, not a tock so dont expect miracles. SB was a tock, you dont get two tocks after a tick. IB does what Intel made it to do, perform well and gives the biggest increase in iGPU performance we've ever seen in a tick so its far from a fail.

If you want to see something amazing like SB was to Nehalem, wait for Haswell in Q2-Q3 2013 :) Although you will need a new mobo for LGA1150

Yup, i7 2600K for $199.99 plus tax.

Hopefully it will last.

I'm going to pay a visit at my uncle's in between 20th and 25th and planning to buy 3770K on its launch day. And if 2600K continues to be @200, I'm defenitely buying one just to see it afterwards. Profit! :teehee: