P55 Chipset Motherboard from ECS Tested

Nemo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty busy these days....although doing not much but I work nights. I will have the rig home tomorrow and post up what I have. I will see if I can back up the BIOS if I can....

Thanks for the update... I'll wait patiently then.

OK....

This has been a rather difficult process...I cant find any info in the BIOS as to which version the board has installed. Nor can I figure out how to disable the ECS Splash screen as there is no option to....

What I did was load up 3D-Mark 06 and use the Details button to find the info....

it tells me the BIOS is 080016 from 8/17/2009 P55HA-version 1.0

thats the best I can do

these is not even a menu to falsh the BIOS and no F key prompt on the screen... (usually Alt+F2) and there is no menu where there would be the option to back up the BIOS...so I am sure if there was somehow there is no USB support to back it up to a USB stick....??? I maybe wrong.

you got any ideas????

This board might be real nice but the info is rather vanilla.....

EDIT: After booting and rebooting a bunch I saw the POST screen for a glimpse and nothing holds it....likes like BIOS H-A 8/17/2009

BIOS extracted and sent via PM....hope it works for him... :)

Like I said in the PM, thanks for the bios file (yes! and it is the right one), however my system can't overclock still and I'm sure it's because ECS gave a different board to you guys and different to me. I've actually tried the exact same specs as in the review and it *still* wouldn't go to anything more than 169MHz.... It's a bit of a shame really :cry:

Would it at least boot at those settings? At least then you'd have something to work with.

No, not at all. I used the exact same settings (according to your CPU-Z screenshot), I managed to get hold of the RAM you used (1600MHz 8-8-8), by the time I up the FSB (BCLK?) to more than 169Mhz the system is unstable, and if I go to anything more than 178MHz it refuses to boot. The RAM can NEVER boot to anything more than 1200Mhz (and I've tried many types of RAM). Also what's the deal with "DOC overclocking" it seems to influence nothing, nothing at all, no matter the value I'd use on it it simply won't do anything (so I leave it disabled)...

It seems that your board was *very* different than my own (and the one that some other reviewers-users did use), it's as if we talk for two different products...

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, this is my first post and my first trip to the overclock world rsrs. And sorry for "defibrillate" this very old topic. :biggrin:

I have the P55H-A motherboard and a I5 750 and I was wondering how to do my first overclock to something like 3.6ghz.

As I said, I've never done it a overclok before, this is my first attempt to do something with my I5 750 to improve some performance in my simulation games like ARMA II, IL-2 and others.

This is a "Validator" from CPU-Z. With you guys need some other information about my config, please ask me. Also I have a good 700W PSU from OCZ. Also, I've updated my BIOS to the last version (080016).

Validator CPU-Z

I've read you great review tacohunter52 for this MB and I was wondering with you could help me to reach to a secure overclock option. Also I bought a Cooler Master TX3 cooler to get better temps for this overclock.

Thanks in advice for everyone that can help me.

Luis Felipy

Edited by Griffon

Hi guys, this is my first post and my first trip to the overclock world rsrs. And sorry for "defibrillate" this very old topic. :biggrin:

I have the P55H-A motherboard and a I5 750 and I was wondering how to do my first overclock to something like 3.6ghz.

As I said, I've never done it a overclok before, this is my first attempt to do something with my I5 750 to improve some performance in my simulation games like ARMA II, IL-2 and others.

This is a "Validator" from CPU-Z. With you guys need some other information about my config, please ask me. Also I have a good 700W PSU from OCZ. Also, I've updated my BIOS to the last version (080016).

Validator CPU-Z

I've read you great review tacohunter52 for this MB and I was wondering with you could help me to reach to a secure overclock option. Also I bought a Cooler Master TX3 cooler to get better temps for this overclock.

Luis Felipy

Welcome to occ Griff, you should start a new tread and I'm sure you will get some help .This tread was dealing with different issues, also there are some guides in this forum that will help greatly with your oc'ing.

Validator CPU-Z

Luis Felipy

Welcome to OCC!

As stated above, you'll be able to get the most help by starting a new thread.

I'd be glad to help you with your overclock, and feel free to ask/PM me any questions you have.

Another member not to long ago had some trouble overclocking his board, so hopefully you won't run into similar problems.