P & S Camera

SpeedCrazy

Hey fellas,

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are rearing their ugly heads again.(ugly cause they steal my hard earned cash):rolleyes:

And one thing in the list of tech im looking to buy on sale this year is a P & S camera. My last one bit the dust this summer and i cant take my DSLR everywhere soooo its time to figure out what im after.

Brand: Really anything, i do prefer Nikon as i have had favorable dealings with their reps and rma services and already own some of their products, but then i have had good dealings with Canon too. So yeah pretty much any reputable brand.

Price: Under $200 after discount. Preferably closer to $100 as i don't need the best of the best, anything new has to be better than my 5 year old Fujifilm FinePix J10 that i just broke.

Features: Full auto, scene modes, sport, macro, regular. Don't mind if it does not have manual, thats what my Nikon D5100 is for.

Lens: Again anything reasonable medium wide to medium telephoto is what i had and suited my purposes fairly well.

Res: Don't care anything over 6mp.

So any recommendations?

Thanks Guys,

Speed

I've had a couple of Sony DSC-T7s and a single Sony DSC-TX7, admittedly they don't take photos like that of an DSLR or even some better P&S cameras, but the camera is really tiny so you barely notice it, it's light and easy to hold. Battery life is decent and they are generally good cameras thumbsup3.gif

Thanks for all the recomendations y'all. But while i like some of the cameras you recommended especially the Nikon AW100 none of the meet my price criteria....

Anyone have anything closer to my price point that you would recommend? I'm not after the best, if i want high quality pics, i just want something i can have in my pocket all the time for pics of my friends and such.

I say wait till you see what is available on Black Friday. A couple years ago I bought a 14MP Canon that does pretty good for under $200 on Black Friday itself on Amazon (sold out quick). I saw some Sonys go for about $100.

I recently picked up a Sanyo VPC-E1600TP on clerance at WalMart for $70. It 's 14MP, 5X Optical zoom. 3" LCD monitor and can take 720p vids. Picture quality is pretty dang good.

I did some research before i bought my D2300 DLSR and was an inch from buying Nikon Coolpix s6300 at the time found it on sale for $120 the Review here comparing the cameras below my gig was it shot 1080p video and was 16 Megapix but I decided at the last Min that my grandsons birth was an event that warranted the D3200 witht he fact that with the WU-a1 wireless attachment i could transfer the pics directly to my Son-in-laws and daughters smart devices be it android apple or PC via wifi. hope this helps!

8211811268_7253117156.jpg