Watercooling Information & Suggestions

How often do you have to change the water, if at all ?

It seem that it would get dirty after a while.

With a fully sealed loop, distilled water, and the proper additives you will very rarely need to change the water.

PT nuke is great, and I have heard reports of just pure distilled with a silver coil also working well.

During the Christmas break I plan on lapping both my hs and cpu.

If I don't get the temps I looking for I will be considering water cooling.

Honestly I hope the lapping works. :thumbs-up:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think about this kit? http://www.swiftnets.com/

Im going watercooling on next rig, and im planing on using the corsair obsidian 800 chassis. Here in Norway very few stores sell water cooling, and those who do usually sell chassis with lcs, kits from thermaltake, corsair and NorthQ, but i dont want any of those. I have found two stores who sell mist and swiftech kits and parts, so i guess that would be my best option.

Im wondering about how to install the radiator and fans in the obsidian 800 top. Should i let the fans blow trough the radiator and out the chassis top, or shall i have the fans first in the top and then radiator under the fans and let the airflow go inside the chassis. I believe i have seen many systems that have takes air inside the chassis instead of out. Hope i explained it good enough.

Should i use clamps to fasten the tubes, or should i use zip-ties?

Do you use luberex on the fittings? http://www.pixmania.com/no/no/2998051/art/...tt-luberex.html

Great thread with nice guiding and info

What do you guys think about this kit? http://www.swiftnets.com/

That link doesn't show a specific kit, but Swiftech get a thumbs up if you're going to buy a kit. :thumbs-up:

Im wondering about how to install the radiator and fans in the obsidian 800 top. Should i let the fans blow trough the radiator and out the chassis top, or shall i have the fans first in the top and then radiator under the fans and let the airflow go inside the chassis. I believe i have seen many systems that have takes air inside the chassis instead of out. Hope i explained it good enough.

Sucking air through the radiator will get you more efficient cooling than blowing air through it... and you want the hot air leaving the case, rather than entering.

Should i use clamps to fasten the tubes, or should i use zip-ties?

I've used both in the past.... clamps have leaked on me, and Zip-ties have not.

Nope... looks like a waste of time and money to me... but if it makes you more comfortable, go for it. Personally, I wouldn't want a package arriving at my door with the contents listed as "Luberex" but that's just me... :D

That link doesn't show a specific kit, but Swiftech get a thumbs up if you're going to buy a kit. :thumbs-up:

Sucking air through the radiator will get you more efficient cooling than blowing air through it... and you want the hot air leaving the case, rather than entering.

I've used both in the past.... clamps have leaked on me, and Zip-ties have not.

Nope... looks like a waste of time and money to me... but if it makes you more comfortable, go for it. Personally, I wouldn't want a package arriving at my door with the contents listed as "Luberex" but that's just me... :D

Thanks. Very nice to know these things before i begin a new build. I thought the link worked. Anyways it was the H20-220 Ultima XT kit or somthing like that i was thinking about.

. I have found most parts i need for it, but needed some info from the store about a radiator. Do radiators come with the right screws? dont wanna use wrong screws and get a major leak. wanna have a big radiator with 3 x 120mm fans, because i probably going to wc my two 5870 later

Ur right about the "luberex" hehe :D. Never seen anyone use it on lcs, so i asked most of curiosity

Edited by Tiltentei06

This is the parts i plan to use:

pump: Swiftech MCP655

MIST radiator, Extreme, 3x120

Swiftech CPU w.block APOGEE XT

Swiftech w.tank MCRESMICRO

Durelene, tubing 1/2"ID

some good 120mm fans, but havent decided yet

+ liquids, barb fitting, zip-ties

materials is made of copper and brass, and that should be ok wouldnt it? let me know if these parts are bad or if there is somthing i have missed. Cheers O.C.C

Edited by Tiltentei06

• 2 months later...

Is it safe to use a (distilled) water? because i thought the water evaporate once it touch a heat source?

and can you give a picture of a reservoir with silver coil please?

PS: I don't what it is :dunno: