iOS7 - Have anyone tested the beta?

Fragsman

I've heard a friend download the beta.

I'd like to know if camera has the timer-option because that was something useful.

Also how about the battery? I've seen new effects would that really affect battery performance. I don't think so but would be interesting to know before moving.

Anyway we have time. It will be released on "Fall - USA". I don't know when is that but .. ok.

I've seen new good functions just like swipe to close open apps. Yes, yet you have to press the home button twice to access it but you don't need to hold anymore the icons to close it. I think is much much more useful now.

The only bad I see (I know it will sound silly) but the new icons are .. pretty ugly. They are really nice on iOS6, dunno why they put less details on the newer ones. They are trying to look like windows 8, all very simple. It looks good on W8 but I don't think is pretty cool for apple. And well I've seen a lot of white screens. I mean white will be the dominant color, perhaps not the best choice since it will be very brighter and eyes-killer.

I gotta advise to people to not update your iOS if its working good. everytime I update things are broken for months . this last update dropped my battery life to only about 2 hours . they finally fixed it in a mini update . I don't think I'll to to 7 anytime soon

I gotta advise to people to not update your iOS if its working good. everytime I update things are broken for months . this last update dropped my battery life to only about 2 hours . they finally fixed it in a mini update . I don't think I'll to to 7 anytime soon

+1 That's been my experience with iOS updates when I had an iPhone 4. Not so much of a problem with Android from what I've seen, though. 

• 3 weeks later...

My cousin has developer access so I saw and played with iOS7 in person.

They included a lot of great functionality so that was good.  The icons and graphical interface is just something horrible though.  First thing everyone said when they saw it was, "Yuck"!  People are having fun playing with it so the new features are great but it really takes time adjusting to the new flattened ultra bright colored display.   And the icons are just plain butt ugly.

The basic camera did gain a lot of features like being able to edit and apply filters.  I do not recall seeing a timer but doesn't mean it doesn't have it.  Camera+ is a great app and takes far better pictures than the current iOS6 camera app and it does have a timer feature. 

Not sure how you guys are getting 2hrs battery life.  Seen an iPhone 5 last up to 4 days.   Non-stop game play seems to drain it to a day to day in half charge.

• 4 weeks later...

My cousin has developer access so I saw and played with iOS7 in person.

They included a lot of great functionality so that was good.  The icons and graphical interface is just something horrible though.  First thing everyone said when they saw it was, "Yuck"!  People are having fun playing with it so the new features are great but it really takes time adjusting to the new flattened ultra bright colored display.   And the icons are just plain butt ugly.

The basic camera did gain a lot of features like being able to edit and apply filters.  I do not recall seeing a timer but doesn't mean it doesn't have it.  Camera+ is a great app and takes far better pictures than the current iOS6 camera app and it does have a timer feature. 

Not sure how you guys are getting 2hrs battery life.  Seen an iPhone 5 last up to 4 days.   Non-stop game play seems to drain it to a day to day in half charge.

Not sure what is Camera+. Perhaps a camera not made by Apple. I dunno why are they so retard and not put a Timer!!! Even my old LG KP570 have timer!!!!

Basically I agree with you on everything you say.

Oh and I have an iPod5 (yes, not pone i know is different). With only music lets say 30-40 min per day it can last 5-6 days max. If you use a bit more things 4-5. But if you play hard 1 day or 2. I dunno but I bet 4hs of Candy Crush will drain batery ^^

That game is heavier than Real Racing 3!!!! which has uber graphics and looks like NFS Shift 2

I have been using the beta ever since it has been released. It has been working fine for me. Battery life has not seemed to change very much from iOS6 from what I can tell. I am not an overly sensitive user so I probably don't notice everything that others may notice. The iOS7 interface would be the nicest one I have ever seen on a phone, if I have never seen anything pre-iOS7. I am not for the new flat windows 8 look. I feel like I am looking at windows 8 but using an Android phone. That seems to me like things are going backwards. I don't get the round buttons, round icons for contacts....the calendar is terrible. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this change, other than the fact that it is change. I have been using it for a while now, and not sure I am going to roll it back.

• 1 month later...

I installed it yesterday.

In general is better than iOS6, it has some improvements regarding how fast you can close apps and access wifi, and other useful controls.

Critics: Still no timer in camera (unbelievable stupid!)

I've noted Safari is not working ok, keyboard is way too lagged.

And well.. I never liked the icons but nvm.. I don't care much about it.

Edited by Fragsman

I upgraded the day it came out, I've actually noticed my battery life is better (about an hour more) and I like it, although some things are a bit harder to understand. I also noted there is less bugs/crashes. Just what I noticed so far.