HD 5870 and 5850 in CrossFireX Mode

Nemo

but it is a waste is not it ..? getting two 5850 is better right..?

5850 is limiting 5870 with it's clocks ... it is a good combination but it is the ideal one ...

but the review was awesome , i like OCC's video card reviews..:thumbs-up:

Edited by N.E.A

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5850 is limiting 5870 with it's clocks ... it is a good combination but it is the ideal one ...

:withstupid:

Though I guess with the tight supply of high end 5 series cards, you may have to accept the 5850 instead of another 5870 :lol:

:withstupid:

Though I guess with the tight supply of high end 5 series cards, you may have to accept the 5850 instead of another 5870 :lol:

:lol:

yeah that is what i call : special situation

time will solve this ..:D

The clock wasn't necessarily the limiting factor here - both were clocked in at 1GHz core 1200 Mem and the 5870 didn't wanna do much more on mem either. Shader processes however are different...

And mixing crossfire was around 3-series like said earlier with 3850/3870/x2 variants being mixable.

i always thought that X-fire needed 2 cards of the same model (two 4890s, or two 5850s etc.)

This review shows that it doesn't matter which ATI 5series you have, as long as you can get your hands on two and X-fire them they kick butt.

i always thought that X-fire needed 2 cards of the same model (two 4890s, or two 5850s etc.)

This review shows that it doesn't matter which ATI 5series you have, as long as you can get your hands on two and X-fire them they kick butt.

you have a good point , but there is a mistake , yes you can run 5970 + 5870 ( x3 5870 ) or 5870+5850

but what you can not do is 5870 + 5770 / 5750