Is This Legal

Onion

Yeah, didn't think it was legal. The US government wouldn't go after the shipper, though, it'd be the country of the person receiving the packages. Doesn't that cause too many issues due to international boundaries and whatnot?

So now you're just wondering if you'd get caught? :lol:

They'll go after both ends if it's caught: shipper and reciever.

Yeah, didn't think it was legal. The US government wouldn't go after the shipper, though, it'd be the country of the person receiving the packages. Doesn't that cause too many issues due to international boundaries and whatnot?

So now you're just wondering if you'd get caught? :lol:

They'll go after both ends if it's caught: shipper and reciever.

Actually I was the one against the idea insisting it was illegal. :lol: 

This is really a case by case, country by country deal.  Usually by buying outside your country you forfeit warrantee coverage. Hong Kong encourages foreign buyers with cheap prices and shipping (names are changed to protect the guilty, or sometimes not). China pricing I swear means it left the factory without benefit of inventory or is from "reject" pile.

Various Amazon associates will ship to Europe.

Some Europeans specialize in shipping Not Available Here to USA.

We have all seen South Korean Monitor ads and threads.

Hassles involve money changing (especially for South America, theft and scams), duties and taxes.

Canada offers an education in foreign purchases.

NCIX.CA can be an entirely different experience from NCIX.US, or was anyway. lol got hit with currency conversion  and shipping charges. Canadian shipping is brutal by US standards.

There is also the old time discussion of what constitutes smuggling.

I have no idea if this continues but there was an intense network of respectable people smuggling birth control pills (illegal in Italy at the time) to families (or wives anyway) wanting less than maximum possible number of children.

Before I quit smoking, long ago, I bought  cigarettes  from an Indian reservation, I did not feel guilty dodging a sin tax. It can get you arrested, these days. People have been busted buying from out of state liquor stores here.

So research is strongly recommended.

Edited by ohldboy