Intel E7200 Overclocked And Benched

Nemo

The Intel E7200 Core 2 Duo is the subject of the latest review which can be found here - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_e7200/.

This dual core processor managed a 1.5GHz overclock - on air. Not a bad deal fro a $120 CPU.

hell I got it to 4.795 on 1.66v on my maximus with absolutely NO degredation at all!, I'll never sell mine it outdoes my E7300

but the degradation could happen over a period of time ya know? I would never run my E8400 at anything over 1.45V for 24/7 use unless it was benching

I have a intel E7200 but ive only got it up to 3.615GHZ.. and it was burning hot by then so i put it back on stock.

Does anyone have any idea what i should set it it on to get a good stable 3.2GHZ? I'm using the stock fan that it came with.

I have a intel E7200 but ive only got it up to 3.615GHZ.. and it was burning hot by then so i put it back on stock.

Does anyone have any idea what i should set it it on to get a good stable 3.2GHZ? I'm using the stock fan that it came with.

If your using the stock fan I wouldn't really try to push it very far like that. I don't have an E7200 but it's still a wolfdale and wolfdale's tend to not like volts over 1.45 So try to keep it at 1.4 but not with the stock fan. It won't need that much volts to do 3.2GHz. I'd say in the 1.3V area

• 8 months later...

Hi all, I'm new here. Good review.

I have an E7200 with GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard.

"To get there on this combo required a voltage increase on the northbridge, changing the skew level for the CPU, adjustments the the vtt voltage and of course, an increase on the CPU voltage."
I would really appreciate if you can tell me what settings you used to reach that "nice OC" in your combo combination.

Clock Driving and Skew Control

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control...:

CPU Clock Skew Control................:

(G)MCH Clock Skew Control...........:

System Voltage Control () = Base Voltages

DDR3 OverVoltage Control............:

PCI-E OverVoltage Control............:

FSB OverVoltage..........................:

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control.........:

CPU GTLREF1 Voltage*.......(67%)..:

CPU GTLREF2 Voltage*.......(61%)..:

Loadline Calibration.......................:

CPU Voltage Control......................:

Greetings,

Thanks.-

Edited by Qu4k3r

The biggest key for that board is the MCH overvolt. You can start at +.350 but mine needed +.450 if I remember right. Now that board has a Q9300 on it runing 450 FSB.

CPU and memory volts will be what you need. The B and D FSB straps are the most stable on my boards.