Closed

Locutus

Thread repurposed, (again)

Okay so I THINK I want to finally purchase an SSD. I guess a used one would be a good first step since I'm not made of money.

I would assume that running a 64GB SSD with Win7 as a boot drive and keeping all my files on my 500GB WD Caviar Blue would work out well...

Well the wife dropped her phone in the ocean so it looks like we'll be paying 50-100 bucks for a new phone and probably a new plan from a different carrier. Postponing the purchase until later. :doh:

Edited by Locutus

I got an Antec Truepower Quattro 1000 Watt PSU if you're interested. 

There's no doubt in my mind that it's out of my price range lol.

I think I'm just gonna walk into the tiger direct store in Clearwater and pick up some parts. :doh:

I think I'm just gonna walk into the tiger direct store in Clearwater and pick up some parts. :doh:

What are you looking to spend on it? Its been sitting around and hasn't been used, I'm willing to let it go real cheap. 

are you looking for anything special?

Well if I don't get the APU combo I'd need a motherboard, cpu, psu and probably a GPU. I already have a set of DDR3 G.Skill 2400MHz that I won in the christmas contest.

What are you looking to spend on it? Its been sitting around and hasn't been used, I'm willing to let it go real cheap. 

I was hoping to spend around 150 total, which is why I'd probably only spend 30 bucks on like a 400W PSU.

I have a used quad-core phenom pc available.  Up and running with win XP and office '07 installed.    If you're interested I'll list the full specs.  

I don't think I have the funds to purchase a whole system.

I've got some mATX boards and CPUs and ram and maybe a video card... interested?

I could throw a board, CPU (athlon dual core) 4gb ram and a gt-240 card for a decent deal

Actually i think I have an Asus ATX board and 720BE as well...

I've got some mATX boards and CPUs and ram and maybe a video card... interested?

I could throw a board, CPU (athlon dual core) 4gb ram and a gt-240 card for a decent deal

Actually i think I have an Asus ATX board and 720BE as well...

I already have 8GB of DDR3, which is why I was hoping to get a motherboard that I could use with it.

I'm gonna stop by the TIger Direct store today on my way to take my sister in-law home, see what they have. On their site they have an A6-5400k bundle that is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't know if they honor bundle prices in-store.

Yeah, 30 is a little low. :P Not that far off from what I was willing to let it go for though, lol.

31 bucks? xP

:teehee: