SLI crashing

dling

I cant figure out why my computer is crashing when I sli my two gtx 580 cards. The PSU I have is 1350w and reviewed very well on this site. Both cards

play well on their own it's just when I sli them it crashes in the game I'm playing and the game my son is playing. :dunno: I dont have another high wattage psu to

see if it the problem. I have a 600w sitting around I just dont it will do the job as a test replacement. Any ideas ? Thanks.

I cant figure out why my computer is crashing when I sli my two gtx 580 cards. The PSU I have is 1350w and reviewed very well on this site. Both cards

play well on their own it's just when I sli them it crashes in the game I'm playing and the game my son is playing. :dunno: I dont have another high wattage psu to

see if it the problem. I have a 600w sitting around I just dont it will do the job as a test replacement. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Have you checked the cards in the second PCIe slot?

Does the issue occur only when gaming or can you not even boot?

Have you tried a different sli cable? I had the same problem before and switched out the cable and fixed it.

What happen is when you try to play a game the computer just reboots. Its fine other wise ,when theres no demand on the system. I have tried a different sli bridge cable and tried swapping the the cards in the slots their in .

The computer is not OC,ed currently so thats not it. It seems like the power supply to me. I hope not.

What happen is when you try to play a game the computer just reboots. Its fine other wise ,when theres no demand on the system. I have tried a different sli bridge cable and tried swapping the the cards in the slots their in .

The computer is not OC,ed currently so thats not it. It seems like the power supply to me. I hope not.

Have you tested a single card in the second slot only (leaving the first slot empty)

Have you tested a single card in the second slot only (leaving the first slot empty)

Have not. I will give that a try. I didn't know you could get it work like that,second slot only.

Have not. I will give that a try. I didn't know you could get it work like that,second slot only.

It depends on the motherboard, I know my motherboard will support a single card in either slot, but by all means give it a try thumbsup3.gif

Well if you want to buy me a present... ;)

Only kidding - I was going to suggest though you could (possibly, entirely at your own risk) raise the PCIe clock by 1 or 2 and that could resolve some issues, however be very very careful cheers.gif

Well if you want to buy me a present... ;)

Only kidding - I was going to suggest though you could (possibly, entirely at your own risk) raise the PCIe clock by 1 or 2 and that could resolve some issues, however be very very careful cheers.gif

Thats something to consider. I was able to play the game fine with just the one card in the second slot. It seems to be the psu. I wish I had another one just to test before I pull the trigger on a new one.