OSX lion coming out soon

potatochobit

probably this week

apple is having an overnight event and I dont know why

although the test build has been out awhile, I have heard good and bad about it

though most of what I heard is not so good

I know that spaces is gone for sure

I dont think I will be getting it for awhile, with snow leopard when they moved to 64bit alot of stuff didnt work properly for a long time

and I dont want some fancy user interface that does nothing

Edited by potatochobit

No, Spaces is not "gone for sure." It is still very much a part of the operating system. There are new ways to interact and manage the Spaces through Mission Control.

When they moved to Snow Leopard, a lot of the stuff that didn't work was either because it required Rosetta for PPC compatibility or it was a Intel app written in Carbon rather than Cocoa. At any rate, the application issues are best summed up as the developer for the applications hadn't released updates and in most cases for quite a while. Ultimately, it isn't up to Apple or Microsoft to ensure their OS works with 3rd party applications; it is the developer of the applications responsibility. Apple tells the developers that the OS update is imminent and to get their stuff ready.

I cannot think of anything that I had that didn't work with 10.6, but all the software I use is updated fairly frequently.