Stonerboy's m-ATX build (Arcade Cab Edn)

Stonerboy779

Well did a heap of cutting today and it left me with this nice little pile of wood.

7714699682_b4a5f379f3_c.jpg

Still have a decent bit of stuff to cut and some parts to sorce but it is nice to be able to start seeing myself the things coming together right now I am pulling apart my POS Logitech X-530 speaker system to put inside the cabinet.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright finished mucking around with speakers for now.

They came out of their pods pretty easily and I will end up mounting this pair still in their plastic mounts just for the ease of it.

7715458532_37f340f759_c.jpg

Pulled the itty bitty sub out too and here is a comparison shot to show how small the pos is.

7715453420_f60453098c_c.jpg

Pulled the amp plate out and very happily discovered I will have space on this to mount the PC start and reset switches I have. I will also add a master power switch and fuse to the plate and will pull this cord out and add a more heavy duty one to handle the additional power requirements.

7715455054_052b9780b9_c.jpg

Well there is no going back now hacked the master pod in half so I could remove the wires without desoldering them from the control board.

7715460124_b301f19766_c.jpg

Whoo mess on the bed

7715451130_69cda310ec_c.jpg

Oh yeah and that is a Roccat Arvo Gaming Keyboard in the background, I discovered that I would need a new Keyboard to fit the space requirements of the draw in the cabinet other standard keyboards were too wide to allow for a mouse.

7715456922_76d073eb3e_c.jpg

Should have got one of those tenkeyless keyboards

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1421&products_id=20642

Much more compact

Look at the price differences :P and then understand also that the primary and most used inputs are going to be big push buttons and joysticks haha

Also it is not much larger than tenkeyless keyboards only about ~20-30mm tops depending on model.

Look at the price differences :P and then understand also that the primary and most used inputs are going to be big push buttons and joysticks haha

Also it is not much larger than tenkeyless keyboards only about ~20-30mm tops depending on model.

True, i must say i have not seen keyboards that have the numpad but not the arrow key cluster before.

True, i must say i have not seen keyboards that have the numpad but not the arrow key cluster before.

It is a dual pad which is pretty cool you see up in the top corners you have and esc on the left and a mode on the right hitting mode lights up the laser etched arrows on keys [zero], [blank], [fullstop] and [two]. While keys [one] and [three] become macro keys. Mode again and it becomes a standard num pad.

Would be a little unusual to get used to but all in all it not a bad little keyboard for $45