Anyone mind checking all the parts for the computer I plan on building

JBL333

I plan on building a computer soon and I need to know if all the parts check out so far any help is appreciated :D

(In case link does not work)

Power supply : SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Case : NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Motherboard : EVGA Z97 FTW LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Video Card : EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

Core : Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I74790

Drive : Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR240GB-7 2.5" 7mm Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Memory : CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1866C10

Disk Drive : ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your link works fine, it looks like a pretty solid system, don't know if you plan on gaming but if you do you might consider a video card with 3gb of memory as the newer games seem to use up memory quite a bit. Also you might want to add a decent after market cpu cooler to your list, the intel ones are only basic cooling. I guess you know this is not a k series cpu so you won't be able to oc it but it's turbo is 4gb so you most likely won't need to. Good luck with your build.

And welcome to OCC. :thumbsup:

Edited by SpikeSoprano

seems like a fine build, you could save money buying a couple used parts and repurpose that cash for better parts elsewhere too. Just a thought.

What are you using for a monitor, resolution plays a big role on component choice too... Overclocking? Heat sink?

@Certified Geek THank you for the help! I added on the cooler and am considering the upgarded video card thanks for checking everything!

@RHK I actually have no decided on a monitor yet and am still browsing any suggestions?

i would go for the i5 4670 (maybe even the K version if you plan to overclock in the future) and with the extra money you save from not going i7 to get a better videocard,

I would swap out that ssd Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR240GB-7 2.5" 7mm Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for a OCZ Vertex, Samsung Evo or Curical drive. I've own 2 of those mushkin drives and once you fill them up the read and write speed is about 100mb/s compared to the advertise speed of 400+. Some parts of the drive with mp3s on it drop down to 50mb/s.

They are all going to have lower read and write than what is advertise because that

You should look at some of the ASUS and MSI offerings that look like the EVGA board. THey have a lot of new features with the Z97 chipset that just make them really attractive from a price performance perspective. 

Do either of you have any reccomendations of specific ASUS or MSI motherboards? I have very little knowledge on them (preferably from newegg)

Edited by JBL333

Sure the Maximus VII Hero or Ranger are nice as is the Z97 Gaming 7 although the 5 would do just as good.

I have tested the Maximus VII Hero and the Gaming 7 and they both are great examples to compare. Both will do anything you want you just have to look at the feature set and see which one is right for your usage model.