Petition for Texas to peacefully withdraw from the US

Onion

my first thought was :pfp: than El_Capitan had a good point, let texas go, only good can come from it.

edit: maybe give those 59,000 people an island to live on?

Edited by hornybluecow

Texas likes to do things their own way. Like their desire to focus on Texas' history in school and nothing else.. no matter how true or untrue it may be. But hey, that's Texas for you.

Maybe if Texas does leave the US can add Puerto Rico as the replacement to keep it at 50. Texas was once the Republic of Texas before it decided to join the Union, so why not go back to that?

If Texas is threatening the rest of the country with this, I think it is an empty threat. It's like having a terrible neighbor threaten to move away, GET AT IT!

With all their oil it would be attacked by the United States within in minutes of leaving the union.

Texas likes to do things their own way. Like their desire to focus on Texas' history in school and nothing else.. no matter how true or untrue it may be. But hey, that's Texas for you.

Maybe if Texas does leave the US can add Puerto Rico as the replacement to keep it at 50. Texas was once the Republic of Texas before it decided to join the Union, so why not go back to that?

That's really just the tip of the iceberg. Perry and other Republican legislators have been trying to get creationism taught in science classes here for years. Fortunately the SCOTUS has ruled it unconstitutional under the establishment clause. But it's no wonder that the public school system in this state is so horrendous.

I'm perfectly fine with Texas seceding, no harm there.. though lets at least let malmsteenisgod get out of there first, then it can secede.

Though while we're at it, lets send Rick Scott to Texas for a permanent vacation, he'd fit right in...

it seems to happen every election year... there are currently 20 states that are volunteer Seceding.

Texas isnt that bad... they are one of the few states without a lot of the taxes and a lot of states should be modeled after Texas. Funny how ONE country wants to officially become a US State and TWENTY want to leave LOL

As much as I hate to stereotype, Texas has an absurdly large concentration of clueless rednecks who have no idea what is going on in the world, but DO know that they don't like it.

While I do not live in texas I have over the last few weeks seen this "redneck" BS thrown around a lot and I find it personally insulting. I AM A REDNECK, born and raised in a rural community. I was baling hay as a summer job at age of 14 and deer hunting with a bow the same year. I learned to drive on dirt country roads and using a stick, my first "car" was a motorcycle that was used more on trails than on roads. My highschool graduating class was 30 and my total school enrollment was about 110, I played football and enjoyed the outdoors, I believe in God, attend church and do not cheat on my woman, never have. I think abortion is wrong, people are responsible for their own actions and the though fo sex with another guy makes me sick. When I was 18 I did my time in the Navy because I love my country and wanted to serve.

I am all redneck. ye t I likely also out geek 99% of the people on this forum. I was involved in DnD when GG was selling the game out of his garage in ziplock bags. I was using a computer and gaming with people in Africa, Canada and England before most of you were born. I have a degree in Literature, and been an avid gamer, computer and otherwise for 35 years plus. I am an avid scifi lover with a pretty deep knowledge of Babylon 5, Start Trek (all versions), Star Wars, Ice and Fire, Dresden Files, The Belgariad, Firefly, Dr. Who and a ton more scifi series that most of you have never heard of.

This bigotry, yes that is the correct word, toward rednecks is DISGUSTING! Rednecks are people that work hard and do not spend time whining that others have more than they do and it should be spread around. A redneck does not spend time telling others to go help the poor, they actually are in the soup kitchens helping. Rednecks not only have a clue what is going on in the world but care, they are informed and up to date, more so than 90% of the rest of the electorate.

So do not tell me you hate using sterotypes when it is obvious you are a bigot when it comes to "rednecks", you also seem ignorant of what it means to be one.

Sorry for the rant but this BS that is spewed about people of faith of that work hard and enjoy the simplier things in life not being "intellectual" drives me nuts. Go play with the Mac toy you paid way to much leave the rest of us alone.

• Like 3

Well said Ed... When the SHTF we will see who is clueless and who isnt... So much I want to say but it would only get a big argument going thread locked and me banned so will keep my mouth shut...

Edited by road-runner

I don't think not cheating should identify you as a redneck. Rather, it should identify you as not am a$$hole. :thumbsup:

Massive +1 to that entire post though, Ed.

Edited by l33t p1mp

While I do not live in texas I have over the last few weeks seen this "redneck" BS thrown around a lot and I find it personally insulting. I AM A REDNECK, born and raised in a rural community. I was baling hay as a summer job at age of 14 and deer hunting with a bow the same year. I learned to drive on dirt country roads and using a stick, my first "car" was a motorcycle that was used more on trails than on roads. My highschool graduating class was 30 and my total school enrollment was about 110, I played football and enjoyed the outdoors, I believe in God, attend church and do not cheat on my woman, never have. I think abortion is wrong, people are responsible for their own actions and the though fo sex with another guy makes me sick. When I was 18 I did my time in the Navy because I love my country and wanted to serve.

I am all redneck. ye t I likely also out geek 99% of the people on this forum. I was involved in DnD when GG was selling the game out of his garage in ziplock bags. I was using a computer and gaming with people in Africa, Canada and England before most of you were born. I have a degree in Literature, and been an avid gamer, computer and otherwise for 35 years plus. I am an avid scifi lover with a pretty deep knowledge of Babylon 5, Start Trek (all versions), Star Wars, Ice and Fire, Dresden Files, The Belgariad, Firefly, Dr. Who and a ton more scifi series that most of you have never heard of.

This bigotry, yes that is the correct word, toward rednecks is DISGUSTING! Rednecks are people that work hard and do not spend time whining that others have more than they do and it should be spread around. A redneck does not spend time telling others to go help the poor, they actually are in the soup kitchens helping. Rednecks not only have a clue what is going on in the world but care, they are informed and up to date, more so than 90% of the rest of the electorate.

So do not tell me you hate using sterotypes when it is obvious you are a bigot when it comes to "rednecks", you also seem ignorant of what it means to be one.

Sorry for the rant but this BS that is spewed about people of faith of that work hard and enjoy the simplier things in life not being "intellectual" drives me nuts. Go play with the Mac toy you paid way to much leave the rest of us alone.

Behind you all the way Ed.:cheers:

I don't think not cheating should identify you as a redneck. Rather, it should identify you as not am a$hole. :thumbsup:

Massive +1 to that entire post though, Ed.

Okay I might concede this point though however the traditonal "redneck" up bringing has a stronger emphasis on staying faithful in relationships.