[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll mellow out, the smirk may remain but it won't stick around long as that fuel gauge starts a droppin'

True. It'll be fun to see how this first tank goes...

I'll end up filing up at half a tank, just to find out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Couple updates -- though the car is finally in a happy place where dare I say I won't be changing too much more for awhile -- at least not until maybe next summer?

First:  for IVI, I waited a full tank, or damn near. Can't go too long here or won't get gas in time. Got 29.8 MPG with quite the heavy foot. Just ask Waco how it's been riding around...ROFL. I could get about 34 before with lots of highway but the more real number was used to seeing with mixed driving was 31 - 32 so can't complain. 

Should get good mileage doing my runs to ABQ for classes soon -- I'll have to update with a hwy tank when time comes.

Second -- OMG SPEED HOLES.

post-72615-0-95530500-1407294267_thumb.jpg

Okay, not really. Honestly one of the strangest things to do, hole saw to dash...but also one of the best places to put the gauges...keeps me from staring at them while driving (they change -- ooooo) and second, saved me finding a way to hide tubing, power wires, and signal wires somewhere else. No surprise the Fuckas doesn't give a lot on trying to look nice with aftermarket gigs; but what car does?

post-72615-0-10124700-1407294325_thumb.jpg

post-72615-0-43510800-1407294381_thumb.jpg

So yea, boost gauge in, AFR gauge in, now I can finally actually move up to the final tune stage -- been running the safe tune until we could get more numbers. Now I can have more spark, and a little more powah!! YEA. Best part is I got to turn off the damn shift light again -- how dare ford tell me when the hell to shift. RED LINE BABY!!

Anyway, CHEERS!   :cheers:

The FUCKUS, I call it PITA, pronounced PEE-TAH...has come a long way. :) It's been fun. Now I get to just enjoy it for a few days before it fords out on me and needs something. haha

Should be coming up on a track day, so yea!! TRACK DAY BRO. Will have to have pics and vids for that one.  :cool2:

The flower in the dash just ruins it! 

Well it needed something to smell good in there...

I hadn't finished installing the boost gauge until tonight so there was a small hole in the firewall yet waiting to have the hose I bought today drug through...it smells of nom nom car smells....mmmm

But yea, flower had to add a nice touch a while back. :) It reminds the car who's boss. :P

I'd leave that flower there. If it can repress your envy to put the pedal to the metal, I think it is a good addition, as it adds a bit of pink in a girl's car.

The flower in the dash just ruins it! 

Well it needed something to smell good in there...

I hadn't finished installing the boost gauge until tonight so there was a small hole in the firewall yet waiting to have the hose I bought today drug through...it smells of nom nom car smells....mmmm

But yea, flower had to add a nice touch a while back. :) It reminds the car who's boss. :P

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Had a long-ish trip on the fuckas last weekend. Forgot to update here...

Went to Pueblo CO, so about 230 mile trip there and another set back.

Two tanks of gas -- measured the first at ~33-34 mpg. 

Your Blue got her very first ticket driving back, so yea...wish I was going as fast as that cop said I was. Now I understand why so many people have such negative attitudes towards/about the cops. :(

I have the new tune to try out still, maybe this weekend. Been so damn busy. :P