Shut down

kingdingeling

The WUs I sent in about 6 hours ago will probably be the last ones I'll be sending in for a long time. After long consideration, I decided to sell my current rig, for the sake of doing better in school. This is my last year of it, so I need to kick into gear a little more.

As for folding, I really wish I could keep going with it, as I believe it is a great idea for a good cause, but I know that even if I would have made it a diskless rig that runs the Folding CD (which doesn't work for some reason, otherwise it'd be running still), I would find a way to make it run CS:S. This may sound somewhat sad... well, it really is a little sad, but I'm trying to do my best for my IB Diploma.

Also, I'm planning on going down under next year, for a year of work & travel, so having a rig catching dust in my room here in Germany would be pretty worthless, especially if the components only loose in value. That is another point, I sold the whole lot for a decent amount of money, which will also go towards the Australia adventure (partially).

Overall I'd like to thank everyone on the OCC folding team for contributing to this great project, making my effort seem worthwhile, and I hope you guys will compensate my producting :foldon::)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before, it's sad that our "battle" won't continue. heh. But I guess schooling is more important ;). I always wanted to go study abroad in Australia, but the difference between the seasons (at least with the US), made it difficult to plan. Hope you have a blast!

Like I said before, it's sad that our "battle" won't continue. heh. But I guess schooling is more important ;). I always wanted to go study abroad in Australia, but the difference between the seasons (at least with the US), made it difficult to plan. Hope you have a blast!

Ohh come on man, what a sad excuse! It's the same going from here :rolleyes: I did put out a short lead, but I guess that'll be gone in a month or two ;) Thanks guys, I can only really say this: :foldon:

Ohh come on man, what a sad excuse! It's the same going from here :rolleyes: I did put out a short lead, but I guess that'll be gone in a month or two ;) Thanks guys, I can only really say this: :foldon:

lol, i know! I wish I went, but too late now. heh. I don't remember exactly, but because of the difference in seasons, a semester there overlapped with two on our side. It would have been cool though.

I think I really have a folding bug :P Is it worth it to get this old 550MHz P3 running again that I have had standing around in my room for close to a year now? :)

i know what you mean king, I tried to quit folding, but I couldn't. I am now thinking of using my old pentium 4 prescott for folding as well