A-10 6800k on par with Fx-8350?

now why not an 8890 on die apu ? awesome or what ? come on amd, let's see what you got !! :lol:

When you remember how AMD have been squishing as many cores as possible into a die, I'd say it's only a matter of time.

One APU, One m-ATX board, One hell of a performance. That's the dream :D

One tiny little gaming machine.

so true,...the 28nm's are not far away, and this brings up the possibility of smaller and cheaper mobo's without the x16 x8 x4 pcie slots and supporting electronics...i suppose this could also mean the end of the discrete gpu's market too,...hmm i need to think about that,...and then there's this, from our own sources...

Dug this up:

AMD-2013-roadmap-635x355.jpg

Source

and guess what? Seems like the Richland APUs are still going to feature VLIW architecture (Northern Islands). Booooo :down:

So much for getting my hopes up on a Graduation gift :cry:

Still hopping that the article OP gave is true though. If performance have indeed much improve, Steamroller would likely not disappoint. Here's hopping that Kaveri APUs will come in early 3Q 2013 *fingers crossed*

If the article is indeed legit, then these APU will surely find its way to my future system. Would definitely make up to be a great gaming system, especially now that those iGPUs are based on GCN cores.

Although it may be pushing it, I hope this is a sign that AMD is stepping up their A games once more. Fingers crossed.

now why not an 8890 on die apu ? awesome or what ? come on amd, let's see what you got !! :lol:

Bandwidth problem needs to be solved ;)

what bandwidth problem is that, kindly enlighten this ignorant amd rookie,...and seriously though, if intel is gonna slide away from the removable changeable cpu market and go to all soldered down permanent cpu's then amd absolutely has my attention,,,after haswell comes and goes, it's all about amd ! ...ok there, i said it..

The ram the igpus use isn't nearly as fast as the vram found on video card boards cause the RAM has to go through some components before it connects to the gpu where as on a video card it is dedicated to the gpu and is connected directly

Or something something 

I don't understand why you guys are being critical of AMDs FX series, the 8350 is neck to neck against the 3820 in general gaming and actually beat out the 3820 in 3Dmark at 1080p.

source: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8350/11.htm

I may just skip the Richland and wait to see what the Kaveri has to offer.

[quote name=Kuronin" post="2077237" time="1361211227]I don't understand why you guys are being critical of AMDs FX series, the 8350 is neck to neck against the 3820 in general gaming and actually beat out the 3820 in 3Dmark at 1080p.   source: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8350/11.htm   I may just skip the Richland and wait to see what the Kaveri has to offer.

Your keyword here: Gaming.

CPU won't improve FPS. My i5 powered notebook can even beat a 3970X when it comes to gaming. How? Simple, my notebook has a GPU (or rather, an iGPU).

I don't understand why you guys are being critical of AMDs FX series, the 8350 is neck to neck against the 3820 in general gaming and actually beat out the 3820 in 3Dmark at 1080p.

source: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8350/11.htm

I may just skip the Richland and wait to see what the Kaveri has to offer.

I think a lot of the critical comments and feelings come from frustration with AMD as a company. They really over hyped the FX line as they built to it and to get a chip that is not much of an improvement over the existing line (Phenom II) and even worse in some cases was a HUGE let down after all the hype they pumped into us. I also think a lot of the reason comes from the fact that core for core the FX is NOT as fast as Intel in most tests. You are correct in general gaming there is not enough difference to matter.

However when you go to buy a chip the common thinking is that you can get an Intel chip for the same price as the 8350 and have something that in core to core testing is faster and uses less power.In fact if you go to a Microcenter you can actually buy an i5 for less than the 3850. 

As for the 3820, I totally agree. Unless you are picking up one very cheap there is just no reason to get it over an i5 or even an FX for a gaming system. Well other than bragging rights. 

i don't have any personal fx experience to be critical of, so i'm not,...i'm just pleased as punch that the "proposed" 6800k will be based on the fx8350, which means faster better, stronger, etc...in reading some of the other connected articles, it seems to be that amd is still going to play the runner up to the intel processors, (as usual) but will have a whole new market to expand on by refining and developing the apu platform's abilities...aiming toward the upcoming broadwell 14nm, and including on-die memory control for shared cpu/gpu memory connectivity will change the development landscape yet again, (and address the bandwidth issues).. but this scenario is still a year or so off in the future,...and we know A LOT can change in a year...i thot this was pretty interesting, a 20% increase without overclocking

However when you go to buy a chip the common thinking is that you can get an Intel chip for the same price as the 8350 and have something that in core to core testing is faster and uses less power. 

This is the real rub. The equivalent Intel chip will use less power, clock higher (usually), and perform better at the same price point.

However when you go to buy a chip the common thinking is that you can get an Intel chip for the same price as the 8350 and have something that in core to core testing is faster and uses less power. 

This is the real rub. The equivalent Intel chip will use less power, clock higher (usually), and perform better at the same price point.

true that, i think amd basically gave up trying to compete like that with intel, knowing that they will always be beat out by intel's tech and strategy, so that's why they're advancing the apu market, and finding new ways to convince the world that this is needed and worthwhile...

true that, i think amd basically gave up trying to compete like that with intel, knowing that they will always be beat out by intel's tech and strategy, so that's why they're advancing the apu market, and finding new ways to convince the world that this is needed and worthwhile...

Not sure I agree with this but the end result is the same. The APU is the future of the desktop market as well as mobile. It make sense for AMD to shift it's focus now while it has an edge is this area. The edge here is the video side for AMD, they are miles ahead of Intel.