Kingston HyperX KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX 2x2GB Evaluated

Bosco

It seems ccokeman is on a roll with his overclocking as of late :)

Check out his latest memory review with him reaching 2180mhz :blink:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/ki...pc312800_2x2gb/

aww man i wish i new before i went ahead and bought these mushkins.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C830M...x_ya_oh_product

The only question I ever have when reading memory reviews is about the testing when overclocking. Is "stable" enough to get through the benchmark suites or is it memtest stable?

The only question I ever have when reading memory reviews is about the testing when overclocking. Is "stable" enough to get through the benchmark suites or is it memtest stable?

Frank does both

If it aint prime stable it aint stable! Memtest stable and super pi stable does me no good and is not a real indicator of what a product will do for you everyday. I could memtest this set over 1100MHz but but it is not stable enough for everyday use at that level. Thats why in the i5 review I showed a bench stable 4.4+GHz for the i7 870 but ran the benches at 4.2 because that is where it was 24/7 stable.

Thanks for the question.

If it aint prime stable it aint stable! Memtest stable and super pi stable does me no good and is not a real indicator of what a product will do for you everyday. I could memtest this set over 1100MHz but but it is not stable enough for everyday use at that level. Thats why in the i5 review I showed a bench stable 4.4+GHz for the i7 870 but ran the benches at 4.2 because that is where it was 24/7 stable.

Thanks for the question.

Awesome! Thanks for explaining. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...