The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

All that sounds good and the inclusion of children will be interesting. Wonder if they'll be untouchable/unkillable just like in Fallout 3. I think I'll be creating some of my own weapons as well, always love to do that with spells and now I can do it with weapons? Yes please. Random quests so I don't have the same quest for multiple characters? Nice but I hope they still have a few hundred like before. :lol:

To everyone that complains about some aspect of the Fallout/TES games, you know the games are totally moddable and you are able to change just about EVERYTHING? OOO's mod made Oblivion more life like, where at low levels a grizzly bear would rock you, and at high levels you beat up on it. That is just one of the huge amount of mods that people have made for it - some go so far as to change the storyline, add new cities, new races, etc.

Anyway, I played with the level scaling and without it. Both were easy. It's all about how you setup your character. The last time I played Oblivion, I believe I got up to level 32, had like 70% reflect damage, 50% reflect spell, 95% spell resistance, and full armor. No cheats, no mods. It's all about setup.

Ok, back on track. Skyrim sounds great! I've been itching for another big RPG to play. This year SHOULD be good... Diablo 3 and Skyrim? :thumbsup:

Oh my god random generated quests! I also like the non-combat skills :) And the way you get to make your own proper weapons :) And finishing move! Hope there's gonna be like sometimes in battle like it tells you to press a button on screen and if you do something special happens.

Would Dark Messiah of Might and Magic combat style be good?

Gore please (and option to diable)

I'm guessing you won't be able to ride dragons as you have to kill them...

It might be a bit like runescape with cooking,farming,mining and woodcutting lol

Yeah, in Fallout 3 you'd run into super mutants at first. Then around level 10 or 12, you'd start to see super mutant brutes. Then once you got close to level 20, you'd see super mutant masters. Fallout 3 didn't have a variety of deathclaws, it was just deathclaws. Fallout: New Vegas introduced young deathclaws, deathclaws, deathclaw mothers/queens, alpha males, and even that legendary one that only appeared in one spot.

Jesus I took one 1 alpha male and 1 queen(Sloan quest) and damn those were hard. I kill regular deathclaws with maybe 4-5 shots(usually 2-3 because of the first sneak attack, overcharge microfusions) Whereas the Alpha male took way more Max Charge hits to kill, queen was an even bigger classy lady, kept bugging and not allowing me to shoot/get into pipboy to get stims.

Anyways, 11-11-11, the day I get back into gaming! :D

Finally a Nord based game, should be interesting.

My first character in Oblivion was a Nord. And no, I did not use a name out of Norse legend for him... only Lord of the Rings legend. :P:lol:

I read through the article yesterday as soon as the Game Informer arrived. It looks like Bethesda has created an entire language that the dragons use, and when your character (one of the dragonborn) slay a dragon (of which there are more than just the big boss), you absorb the dragon's soul and learn a word of power. Once you know a few words of power, you can string them together to unleash an ability. Saying one set of words may launch your enemy flying backwards, while another set of words slows down time allowing you to move in for the killing blow. Seems to be pretty sweet.

For the dual-wield ability, you can wield anything really. You can have a mace and a dagger, a sword and a sword, or even a spell and a shield. The article even said you can have two spells in either hand, so a fire and a lightning one, or two fire spells to create an even bigger blast. Seems pretty open ended on that regard.

The magic schools have had Mysticism removed, like bilcliff said, and the spells in that school have been worked into other schools.

The menu system has gotten a MASSIVE overhaul. Gone is a HUD of any kind. When you pull up the menu, you are presented with the usual Skills, Magic, Map, and Inventory.. but each one is different. For Skills, you look up into the sky and the constellations form the skills you have. Going to the Map has you looking down and then zooming way far out to give you a view of the entire world, topographically. Fast travel does make a return but it looks like the Map will be really involved this time, sounds like it shows rivers and mountains and forests in better detail. Magic has 85 different spells even.

There is no real class system. Instead of picking a class in the first hour or so like the past TES games, you instead have certain abilities that just get better over time to form what your core abilities are. So instead of becoming a knight or battlemage and having a strict set of major and minor skills, you just focus more on using swords, shields, heavy armor, and spells while you are adventuring and have those improve to form what you like best. It really is a way of having the game more suited to your play style and won't lock you in to a certain skill set. It is whatever you want to be.

All in all, it looks to be one killer game and November 11th cannot get here fast enough.