Finally building a gaming rig

ccokeman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Did not want white tubing so I stuck with black. All clear tubing over time is stained or gets cloudy one way or another so black works long term. The coolant (Ice Dragon Nano fluid is white and looks like milk ) is a test and I get an average of 63C under load in prime 95 so I am good. Ambient cooling does not help this chip at all so the water cooling is more to keep the load temps decent with a custom loop because I wanted to do it that way.  I can swap in a 3960X that does 4.7 to 4.9 depending on cooling and get higher clocks but it really wont help in the grand scheme of things.     

Nice looking build Frank,.. the Ice Dragon Nanofluid is good stuff they say nanofluid is a biocide on it's own ,.. batch # A2 with 20nm particles with air inhibitor added is Top of the line fluid.  :thumbsup:

Looking good Frank. I'm impressed with how clean it looks! Props!

Thanks! Still need to strap everything down but its getting closer. 

Nice looking build Frank,.. the Ice Dragon Nanofluid is good stuff they say nanofluid is a biocide on it's own ,.. batch # A2 with 20nm particles with air inhibitor added is Top of the line fluid.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!  I've been reading about it for over a year and the theory and science appear sound. Not to mention Origin is using it in their builds so here goes. Temps seem to be no worse than distilled at this point and at my max overclock under a 24 hour load I don't go over 65C on the hottest core.  Just as backup I put in a Monsoon Silver plug fitting in the bottom of the reservoir. Plus the guy who makes it is from the DC Metro area so supporting his work was a easy choice. 

Changed out the lens on the pump tonight going from red to green! Now I just need to kill the ROG lights under the pump! 

going green.JPG

green.JPG

Just finished a 15 minute run of BF4.  

2560x1440  144Hz

Ultra Preset DX11

Gsync enabled

Min FPS   81

Max FPS  141

Average FPS 109.17

Average Frame time 9.1 ms

Runs silky smooth with no hitches other than the heat load into my room! 

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!