NVIDIA GTX 680 Reviewed

Bosco

Damn. What model did you buy? That's like $42 more than you should have paid for.

I think he got the overclocked eVGA. Not sure if the sc+ come with the back plate or not. Also not counting if he got expedited shipping or had to pay taxes or not.

Edited by Coors

I think he got the overclocked eVGA. Not sure if the sc+ come with the back plate or not. Also not counting if he got expedited shipping or had to pay taxes or not.

i got the evga gtx 680 sc+ with backplate

Jebus, Nvidia, wtf is wrong with the overclocking on these GTX 680's? Nowhere near what the reviewers are getting. Methinks the reviewers got the good ones.

There's throttling occurring during GPU temps at 70C, fans need to be adjusted so temps don't get there for stability, and things get loud at 45% fan speed (I'm so used to watercooling everything). Can't wait for my waterblocks to come in.

I can't imagine changing cards would really change how it looked...but going from Crossfire to a single card probably helped smoothness more than anything else. I got a LOT better FPS with only 2 GPUs running versus 4 with my old setup. This 5970 runs it absolutely perfectly even maxed out though. :lol:

It did help smoothness no doubt, but just the overall look of everything, textures and detail especially, just made it a noticeable difference. But, like I said, I think AMD drivers and CF with Skyrim did make a difference!

Can't wait to see people trying to beat my single GPU 3dMark 11 score.....GL :evilgrin: