New Seagate 8TB

bigball1

Lab Rat 2 is right. About 4 years ago Segate had a firmware problem that caused erratic HD speed.

But, the actual HD never failed - just never knew what was going to happen next - dropped data is not fun.

Still would prefer over other HDs.

Dang, 8TB! If they can make it cheap enough to justify the price over 2x 4tb drives I am in!

Honestly, my western digital drives are rock solid, not one failure. I retire my drives after about 5 years of use anyway, so that helps. Never been to much of a fan of Seagate.

too bad it's seagate the worst manufacturer for hdd's

You can have the 4 500GB WD Scorpio Blues that have failed on me and I'll take your Seagates ;)

But really I trust them both, I got stuck with a plagued line of Scorpios and also had purchased one of the 7200.11 seagates that were known to have firmware issues....now I was the idiot who didn't just update the firmware and say "it won't due on me". Well it did and I lost 600GB of anime but it was my fault, because once I got the replacement for that drive....it hasn't died in over 3 or 4 years now (I sold it to a friend who has it has his main drive right now).

too bad it's seagate the worst manufacturer for hdd's

They had a firmware bug a few years back that sucked but in general they're pretty damn reliable.

+1 I LIVED that, but love Seagate drives