Which is the best free Data Recovery Software?

Thayer25

Is there any free data recovery software that I can download which can specifically only recover word, PDF documents and e-mail messages from a crashed or damaged hard drive.  I heard CloudBacko was good, but I wanted some suggestions.

Thanks

I've always had pretty good luck with Recuva by Piriform. Your experience may differ of course, but it's been around for quite some time and is quite solid in my opinion. I'm not sure if you can recover only those files types but I do believe there is an option to only look for certain kinds (documents, images, videos, etc.).

Cloud bu is only good if you were using it before the crash, as far as your emails they should still be stored on your email provider, unless you deleted them off their server. If you can access the drive as a secondary drive you might be able to get some files off it but if it is totally dead you might be out of luck.

I've always had pretty good luck with Recuva by Piriform. Your experience may differ of course, but it's been around for quite some time and is quite solid in my opinion. I'm not sure if you can recover only those files types but I do believe there is an option to only look for certain kinds (documents, images, videos, etc.).

+1 as far as free backup software's concerned, Recuva is a great one!