Sapphire A75 Pure Platinum Motherboard Examined

Nemo

Nice article. I usually like your reviews, site wide.

In this case, the product falls beneath my threshold to consider buying it. It still uses the old BIOS instead of UEFI. I simply refuse to buy any motherboard now that doesn't have that. (This includes Gigabyte's false UEFI.) I don't do this for my convenience, but rather for the industry wide customer interests. For something to be adopted, it needs to be picked up by everyone, not just some or most, but all. It is just lazy to go with a BIOS these days. Laziness in this means laziness in other things, and slows down the adoption of this vital future feature. UEFI should have been adopted years ago, yet too many companies got lazy. Don't let them get lazy, and they start keeping up with things like this.

Don't buy this product, if only because they got lazy about the UEFI. It's for the sake of us all.

In this case, the product falls beneath my threshold to consider buying it. It still uses the old BIOS instead of UEFI. I simply refuse to buy any motherboard now that doesn't have that. (This includes Gigabyte's false UEFI.) I don't do this for my convenience, but rather for the industry wide customer interests. For something to be adopted, it needs to be picked up by everyone, not just some or most, but all. It is just lazy to go with a BIOS these days. Laziness in this means laziness in other things, and slows down the adoption of this vital future feature. UEFI should have been adopted years ago, yet too many companies got lazy. Don't let them get lazy, and they start keeping up with things like this.

Don't buy this product, if only because they got lazy about the UEFI. It's for the sake of us all.

I agree with some of what you said, but I wouldn't avoid buying a motherboard just because it is still using AMI BIOS especially because the motherboard in question is an FM1 board. If we were talking about a high end 1155 board, then yeah, there is almost no reason for the manufacturer to have not included EFI bios, but for this? The way I look at it, AMD's current APU's are great for budget/multimedia/HTPC computers, and for that you don't really need anything special, especially in the BIOS. In my opinion most of the people purchasing llano computers aren't going to be spending a whole lot of time in the BIOS anyway, so AMI should be just fine.

Plus EFI BIOS is still relatively new in consumer based motherboards so it's kind of hard to expect it to be used by every current motherboard.