Hilarious parody songs in Australian

Prunes

What I really don't like from Ausies is their accent... is just impossible...

I prefer American, then English and last Australian. I have no experience talking with another English accent... but AUS is a pain in the neck to understand :teehee: (at least looks the hardest from the three).. and it also will depend on the person of course

Edited by Fragsman

What I really don't like from Ausies is their accent... is just impossible...

I prefer American, then English and last Australian. I have no experience talking with another English accent... but AUS is a pain in the neck to understand :teehee: (at least looks the hardest from the three).. and it also will depend on the person of course

Ya ain't met a real southerner(southern us), yet have you. Or a real Scot. Come to think of it some jordies are almost incomprehensible... I'd say most english speaking regions have their own incomprehensible sub-dialect. Aussies just happen to be the most recognized.

Accent isn't the issue.... the slang is :lol:

People also find it weird when you call your mate a wanker or a fuck up and although for the most part its harmless ribbing from the outside it can look really crass haha.

We speak about the arvo, the bowser, we talk about the ankle biters, uggs, Whoop Whoop and the Top End. We have granny flats and lino, we get crook watch a flick and often have Buckleys with the tail down at the pub where our mates may call us a tosser.

Even here in Denmark where I live, which is a tiny country, we have some dialects that can be very hard to comprehend. Although they are starting to wash out due to tv and all that, there are still some old people, whom you can barely understand.

I've tried to give directions to a Scot who spoke way to fast. I could not understand anything he was saying.

"Umhelloimlookingforaplacecalledellermanavenuedoyouknowwhereitis?"

Unsurprisingly my response was "...sorry?"

You guys think that's bad? I would happily take on a Scot or Aussie in conversation before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrtB7cZDrA

People think it's actually part of their heritage to speak improper English. That video is a terrible representation though, most people I know that speak "Ebonics" don't sound even half as good as that when they speak. I probably sound like a racist saying it but every time I know I'm about to have a conversation with a black person, this is what's going on in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ

Edited by Deathmineral
  • Like 1

Geordies? they're not so bad, Scousers and the Irish on the other hand..

Ehh maybe, i grew up with speaking 'scots' so irish doesn't bother me much. But i would agree on scousers.

I guess its just what we are used to.