Anyone with a Crosshair V and an 8150/20 say hello, i have a small tas

Hello, i'm really hoping that you have a crosshair V mobo and 8 core CPU rather than an Intel user ¬_¬ lol

I was wondering if you would use the overclocking tool however chose to disable 4 of the cores whilst doing it? It's the only way i can get a propper comparrison if you wouldnt mind doing so kindly for me before i buy it?

Thankyou very much if you do :DDD

A bulldozer FX isn't a true 8 core nor a true 4 core so it won't perform like either, the Intel will more than likely be better at 4v4 thread such as an i5, but if you are comparing it to an i7 you should leave the threads on to make it 8v8, Piledriver is coming soon... can't say Intel is too worried :lol:

• Like 1

yeeeah well i want to upgrade, now the thing is, i have the Crosshair V mobo, so i can get the bulldozer, which is good but i kow Intel is better however, a new mobo+cpu is a lot considering I was wanting a PCI HDD but if i go for intel then that'll have to wait ¬_¬ :(

On the plus side, my Lian Li 2120 comes in the post monday :D:D:D

A bulldozer FX isn't a true 8 core nor a true 4 core so it won't perform like either, the Intel will more than likely be better at 4v4 thread such as an i5, but if you are comparing it to an i7 you should leave the threads on to make it 8v8, Piledriver is coming soon... can't say Intel is too worried :lol:

Well technically it is a true 8 core chip that is achieved using 4 monolithic dual core building blocks. So it does have 8 execution cores vs 4 plus HT. Piledriver is supposed to give a 10-15% bump in performance over bulldozer due to efficiency improvements. Add that to the 10% that was gained by the MS Patch for the architecture and you have a nice bump. Whether that's enough to truly compete is a subject we will have to wait and see about.

My point of upgrading at this time is to go for the best i can, but if i went for intel, i wouldnt be able to get 3 things: Razer Tiamat's new headset with a decent sound card and a PCI HDD as well as the AMD CPU

OR

Intel but i would only be able to get the bettter mobo and CPU at their prices ¬_¬

My point of upgrading at this time is to go for the best i can, but if i went for intel, i wouldnt be able to get 3 things: Razer Tiamat's new headset with a decent sound card and a PCI HDD as well as the AMD CPU

OR

Intel but i would only be able to get the bettter mobo and CPU at their prices ¬_¬

Just get the Intel equivalent at the same price as the FX8120 which is the 2500k plus LGA1155 will be compatible with Ivy Bridge in the future.

If you are doing video encoding on the CPU or use some other app that can use 100% of all 8 of the FX 8150's cores, its actually fairs pretty well against the (quad core) Intel parts.

You are probably better off with a i5 2500k in most every other situation, especially games and single threaded programs.