Nexland ISB Pro800 Turbo Load Balancing Router

Bosco

Just passing through, and thought I'd add a few words....

I've had one for 6 months now, and it is flaky...

After updating the firmware it now doesn't lock up nearly so much, so I only reset it every couple of weeks nowadays... but there are some actions I can take which will crash it everytime.. also, I do get packet loss...

However, for the money and current tech on the market although its far from fantastic for this level its actually an ok router..

Have been keeping up todate with the firmware hoping they would improve it, which brought me here while searching the web for info... The thing is you see, Symantec have taken over Nexland and the website now goes to them, and I can't find *anything* on there site for online support of it.

So, I'm guessing that support is as good as dead now.. personally I don't like symantec as a rule, and don't expect they will continue with the firmware updates which is most fustrating.

Have now emailed them asking about it, we'll have to see what their response is.

Pro400 - Internet Security Box (discontinued)

Pro800 - Internet Security Box (discontinued)

Pro800Turbo - Internet Security Box (discontinued)

To get any support you need a authorization code to get in to the knowledge base, the same information that was posted on the nexland site. If you want any upgrades your going to have to pay $65 for Gold Support for downloadable software patches.

Symantec does have two new load balance router's Symantec Firewall/VPN 200 $899, Symantec Firewall/

VPN 200R $1,119 they look the same as Pro800turbo but yellow.

http://nct.symantecstore.com/0001/NexlandP...uctsList-C.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have bought this router and returned it because of reliability problems. I then bought it again a few months later figuring new firmware would help.

The router seems to behave well with my DSL connection (Sympatico). I have pinpointed the problem to my cable modem (Videotron). This problem occurs with latest release 5z firmware.

Here is the solution which has worked well for me for several months. I added a cheap SMC router in between my cable modem and the Pro800 Turbo, basically shielding it. Since I recently needed to use that cheap router, I decided to try again and see if the situation has improved.

The problem was still there so I called Nexland tech support. The nice person suggested I change to the Idle Renew DHCP to 10 minutes. This helps a bit but it still is NOT

Hi marclaporte I'll let you know if the Twin WAN Router is better, I'm getting it in the next couple days. I don't like Symantec there support sucks not going to wait for them to do a bios upgrade for the Pro800Turbo. There not going to update the bios for Pro800Turbo unless you pay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got Twin WAN Router it's nice seems better then the Pro800Turbo. Support is good was having a problem easy fix, they have live support on the site. hopefully They won't sellout like Nexland.

Edited by jinmi

• 3 weeks later...

No suprise on their response, after a bunch of crud replies they told me to email nexland, who then told me the FTP was still up on ftp://ftp.nexland.com/

So support seems to be "good as" dead, with exception that you can still get access to the firmware and userguides, for a time at least...

Grab them while you can peeps...

• 1 year later...

Tsk Tsk Tsk.. It seems like a lot of people are having problems with this router. It was working smooth for about a month and now the router started acting up and it freezes once a week. Does anybody know how to resolve this problem?

• 9 months later...

My opinion of the Xincom XC-DPG503 can be found here:

http://www.paonet.org/rpao/pub/Xincom_XC-DPG503_Review/

I was unable to force specific traffic out a specific WAN port which is required for NNTP to cox.net and to access the cablemodem's web server at 192.168.100.1. The feature appears to exist in the web configuration pages, but did not appear to work.

rp05

• 1 year later...
The review can be found here.

i have the nexland ISB pro 800 Turbo.

and have had alot of fun with it but it seems now i need to update the thing.

seeing some games like HL2 (steam) and vanguard are not letting me download the updates if i run the net through the nexland..

any help on this please.

also one thing you did not talk about was with the Nexland ISB you can host one server on 2 IP's

yep have 10 people join a CS server on one IP and the other 10 join on the 2nd IP and get 20 people on a server just using 2 crapy Cable or DSL conections.