NVIDIA, MSI, EVGA GTX 960 Reviewed

Bosco

No GPU-Z (main) screenie ;A;

Always makes me sad :(

It is the only thing i  use when i want to see what the "true" specs are of the card are.

Or at least, i can compare them to other cards.

Good review though!

looks like an ok card for what it is

i was expecting i little more performance especially at that price

considering i paid around $200 for my 290

and i am so glad i didnt wait for this card  

You are seriously comparing second hand prices vs new?

But 2nd hand for MSI and EVGA (and ASUS and Gigabyte) are serial-based warranty. Used is just as good as new, just shorter warranty length.

But 2nd hand for MSI and EVGA (and ASUS and Gigabyte) are serial-based warranty. Used is just as good as new, just shorter warranty length.

That doesn't matter, the point is, the card he bought is a year old, is second handed, and that is obviously why it is cheaper than a new priced card.

It is just dumb to do it.

Someone could just as easily say, i bought a gtx 960 for 100 dollars, not worth the new price, derp.

It is useless to discuss / mention prices when second hand market is being compared to newly released cards.

That doesn't matter, the point is, the card he bought is a year old, is second handed, and that is obviously why it is cheaper than a new priced card.

It is just dumb to do it.

Someone could just as easily say, i bought a gtx 960 for 100 dollars, not worth the new price, derp.

It is useless to discuss / mention prices when second hand market is being compared to newly released cards.

It's not dumb, especially if the used card that's cheaper or the same price is still faster than the new card.

It's like saying buying a used car from 2014 that's performs better than a different but new car from 2015 is dumb. Stupidity is relative.

I can spend $1000 for a new i7-5930K and a X99 motherboard and 32GB DDR4 memory, or buy a used i7-3930K and a used X79 motherboard (with waterblocks), and used 32GB DDR3 memory for half the cost for the same, if not better, performance (depending on the overclockability). To me, it's dumb spending twice the money for something new where double the cost isn't double the performance (or the same cost isn't even the same performance).

It is dumb because it is not the same market.....

Why can't people understand this?

It IS the same market. The market is a graphics card. If the market isn't a graphics card, then tell me what the market is.

Person A buys a brand new GTX 960 with a 3-year warranty for $210.

Person B buys a used R9 290 with about 2 years warranty still left for $200. The R9 290 is faster than the GTX 960.

Now tell me which person is dumber than the other.

Edited by El_Capitan

It is dumb because it is not the same market.....

Why can't people understand this?

If the market isn't a graphics card, then tell me what the market is.

USED vs NEW maybe? lol

I expected more from you capitan...

Arguing new versus used is totally beside the point. At $200 new, it fits in perfectly with its competition.

Indeed.