Game Developers Conference 2013 (March 25-29)

ClayMeow

I'm officially registered for GDC 2013 :)

Anyone else going? Anyone else ever attend the GDC?

This will be my first GDC. And no, I'm not going as a representative as OCC, so don't expect an official report, but obviously I'm all for sharing my experiences informally in the forums. I'm going to network so I can hopefully get a job after I finish my Master's degree!

Fixed the link...had an extra "c" in there.

There is no free pass...the student pass still costs money ($75). Don't know why it's not listed in what you pasted, but you can check out all the passes here: http://www.gdconf.com/attend/passes.html

I got the Expo Pass. Like I said, I'm going to network, so I don't really care about the bootcamps and seminars, I just want to hit the show floor.

its an opion when you register. I think i'll do the $200 to get the most out of things, the seminars will make me fall alseep i fear.

For me it was a choice between the Expo Pass and the Summits, Tutorials and Bootcamps Pass. In the end, I decided the extra $500 wasn't worth it. Like I said, I want to network, so the bulk of that can be done at the show itself, not at the bootcamps where it's really just about learning stuff, and would I really be up to spending two straight days in them? I think not. I've done almost two years of "learning"...at this point more learning isn't really going to help me, it's all about real-world experience.