Watercooling - Finalling having a go, suggestions?

Gr4vitas

Hey guys, I haven't posted in for ever.

I'm finally getting around to attempting water cooling. I've got a 2500k Asus sabertooh p67 mobo xfx 6970 and 4 gigs of mushkin.

Little video of the finished build. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcoqwkv3_I

Anyway, I'm finally getting around to attempting water cooling, I've been in and out of the loop (:D) on water cooling for a while now.

I've checked out a few sites etc and looked around some, but I'm coming back to the old faithful OCC community for some advice, first off, I don't really have a budget yet that being said I'm just looking at parts etc and it doesn't look like I'll be able to do a good WC setup for under $150.

So I'll say thats about my budget $150 give or take it really just depends. For now I'm just going to be cooling the processor, so im in the market for a res, pump, radiator, block. Tubes and accessories as well.

So to broad stroke it, am I going to be able to put together a "top notch" loop with ~$150? There doesn't really seem to be a lot of options when it comes to radiators etc, there are quite a few cpu blocks out there but I'm in the dark as to which are better than others.

Also I've always wondered what tubing to use, I see a lot of different kinds some really expensive some really cheap. I shouldn't really have to be dealing with any tight bends so kinking shouldn't be an issue.

So I guess to start, what block rad and pump should I be looking at getting, secondarily, what tubing should I be looking at?

Edited by Gr4vitas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Universal CPU / Triple Radiator Water Cooling Kit w/ Free Kill Coil!

It fits perfectly however if you bump your budget up a further $40 you can grab the quieter and better cooling rx rad instead of rs one.

I third that option. the only thing else Is I would get different tubing then the stuff it comes with. duralene pvc 1/2 by 5/8 will do.

I third that option. the only thing else Is I would get different tubing then the stuff it comes with. duralene pvc 1/2 by 5/8 will do.

+1 on the different tube but if you must stay in your budget that stuff that comes with works well still.

Thanks for the input, yea realistically I can put up $200 or so towards it.

How will that baby cool as compared to say a "top end" setup.

If I had $200 to throw at it what would you recommend? I couldnt find any duralene tubing on FCPU, would some of that primochill primoflex stuff work?

Edit: Also does that rad fit in the top of my case? Or will I be mounting it on the back?

Edited by Gr4vitas

Thanks for the input, yea realistically I can put up $200 or so towards it.

How will that baby cool as compared to say a "top end" setup.

If I had $200 to throw at it what would you recommend? I couldnt find any duralene tubing on FCPU, would some of that primochill primoflex stuff work?

Edit: Also does that rad fit in the top of my case? Or will I be mounting it on the back?

Bump it up to the rx instead of rs with different tubing.

Edit- yes it will fit

Edited by Stonerboy779

Bump it up to the rx instead of rs with different tubing.

Is the triple rad worth it if I'm just cooling my cpu? Otherwise I could save a few bones and go with the 240.

How does that RX compare to a "top end" setup?

Edit: Awesome thanks for the info.

Edited by Gr4vitas

Is the triple rad worth it if I'm just cooling my cpu? Does the triple rad fit in the top of my case? Otherwise I could save a few bones and go with the 240.

How does that RX compare to a "top end" setup?

repost link

It will fit and the rx rad is definately considered top end and is also considered very quiet due to it's very low fpi the pump could be better but considering it is a high flow as well as high performing block and a high flow rad the pump performs perfectly.

repost link

It will fit and the rx rad is definately considered top end and is also considered very quiet due to it's very low fpi the pump could be better but considering it is a high flow as well as high performing block and a high flow rad the pump performs perfectly.

Awesome man thanks for the info, the way I figure it, I can start out with the kit at least and have all the necessary accessory garbage that might otherwise be a pain to put together (making sure to not miss any fittings etc) and later on I can piece by piece upgrade things. (block pump etc).

Hey whats up buddy haven't seen you around in like forever! I see you still have my quote lmao :thumbsup:

Haha you bet!

Soon as I get permission from the boss lady I'm going to order up this kit, I'm so damn excited!