Start programming

Il_napoletano

Java and C++ are both C-based languages, but that is about where the similarities end. You will find that many languages are C-based which can help in learning other languages, but can also cause a bit of confusion when moving between languages. ;)

:withstupid: The syntax between languages changes, but the logic doesn't. Being a good programmer is all about understanding logic and how to approach what you want done. Going back and forth between languages is frustrating, and that's when Google is your friend. At my previous job, I was using four programming languages at once at one point and it was hard to keep up with what syntax I had to use where :lol:. But as long as you understand things, you should know what to put in Google that will yield you the syntax you need.

Being a good programmer is all about understanding logic and how to approach what you want done.

:withstupid: Before you even think about looking at a particular language to code in, I highly suggest a logic course/self-study/whatever....logic 1st though ;)

Learn C first. Why you'd want to watch a video on programming is beyond me, unless it was a walkthrough on how to set up your IDE (e.g. Visual Studio).

As others have said, once you learn C you can pretty much learn any other (decent, modern) language.

"The Kernighan and Ritchie" is considered a bible by many:

http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Language-2nd/dp/0131103628/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328227307&sr=1-1

Learn C first. Why you'd want to watch a video on programming is beyond me, unless it was a walkthrough on how to set up your IDE (e.g. Visual Studio).

As others have said, once you learn C you can pretty much learn any other (decent, modern) language.

"The Kernighan and Ritchie" is considered a bible by many:

http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Language-2nd/dp/0131103628/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328227307&sr=1-1

This is why you would want to watch a video on programming. :P

I watched without sound, but that video actually explains pointers better than how I was initially taught (confusingly, by a bad professor, lol)

If there is a whole series of these on linked lists, arrays, etc, they might actually be worth watching if you're new to programming.

I watched without sound, but that video actually explains pointers better than how I was initially taught (confusingly, by a bad professor, lol)

If there is a whole series of these on linked lists, arrays, etc, they might actually be worth watching if you're new to programming.

Oddly enough, my very good CS professor used this video as an introduction to pointers before he started to teach them.