Gaming Rig - SLI GTX460 Hawk

Wallaby

thanks, but it wouldn't be useful, knowing that I will be using this setup until my new components arrive, next week :)

Edited by Wallaby

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Locutus: in my opinion, which is the same than yours, DFI was the best mobo manufacturer for overclocking and gaming purposes. :)

I also wondered why they stopped building new LanParty mobos, I just think that they never sold the number of mobos they expected... just because they were not as known as Asus or MSI or Gigabyte... :unsure:

@Owenisbad: okay, thanks for the feedback :) I think I'll buy a G500 :)

Talking about the temps I get with my GTX460s, I think you mean the temperatures, well, with the Twin Frozr 2 cooling system, I get 75 ° C (167 ° F) with the top video card, when the system is fully charged, when running a game for example, and I never exceed 65 ° C (149 ° F) with the video card which is at the bottom, in the same situation, when playing a game for example. :)

One of the reasons i heard why they never continued was they were not able to get there motherboards out in to market in a timely fashion. So people would upgrade to an ASUS etc. and didn't want to wait for the DFI's to come out. Yes there are some that would wait but some is not enough. That is what i heard, could be wrong.

i think you need a lot more than 4gb of ram. that is going to cripple that rigs frame rate.

Well, you know, the guy who sold his motherboard to me decided to give me this G.Skill memory with the motherboard, for the same price, it's a kind of gift, so I couldn't refuse :no: Therefore, I'm gonna run my computer with 4 Gb of RAM for the moment, and I'll get some additional RAM after, I'm saving money to buy 8 Gb of G.Skill PC3-17000, that way I'll have 12 Gb :)

@Hemidare: thanks for giving your opinion, what you're saying is totally possible and you may be right!

Edited by Wallaby