processor or ram?

whats better getting a i7 core 4770k and 8gb ram or getting a i5 core 4670k and 16gb ram

im looking to video edit and game

depends what you are doing most of the time. if your gaming it will depends on the game you want to play / settings and the video card being used. If your video editing, what type of footage and program is being used.

I would say the i7 is all around better option since it's not going to randomly drop in price. memory on the other hand is crazy, one day you can get 32gb for $130 and the next its $300. Games do not require that much to run, 4gb for the os and 4gb for the game, video editing on the other hand loves ram and will eat it all up.

edit: AMD aren't up to the tasks of video editing. If the op is going for youtube stuff than it wont matter at all. Otherwise intel is the way to go.

edit: AMD aren't up to the tasks of video editing. If the op is going for youtube stuff than it wont matter at all. Otherwise intel is the way to go.

im only looking at intel processors. and amd graphics cards. did u think i was talking amd processor?

im only looking at intel processors. and amd graphics cards. did u think i was talking amd processor?

Pretty sure hornybluecow was referring to travism21's post regarding AMD's FX-8350 processor.

For video editing go with the i-7 and as much ram as you can afford, the 7950 should be a decent video card for both gameing and video editing . You mentioned i buy power, why not just build yourself from scratch ? Would most likely be cheaper.

For video editing go with the i-7 and as much ram as you can afford, the 7950 should be a decent video card for both gameing and video editing . You mentioned i buy power, why not just build yourself from scratch ? Would most likely be cheaper.

i am looking at the 7850 cause it benchmarks better on video editing and is cheaper. i know its cheaper to build myself but i have never done it and dont want to deal with what is compatible with what. pretty much want it now and want it to work.

i am looking at the 7850 cause it benchmarks better on video editing and is cheaper. i know its cheaper to build myself but i have never done it and dont want to deal with what is compatible with what. pretty much want it now and want it to work.

For this I would say 16 gb of ram regardless because it will help a lot with video. I7 isn't bad. If you want to build cause its cheaper but are worried about parts compatibility then www.pcpartpicker.com will solve that and it also helps you find the cheapest places to get your parts.