Voltage change, is this normal?

junkerde

Yesterday I got my i5 3570k overclocked to a stable 4.3ghz with a 1.264 voltage. I used occt and indeed the max was about 1.26v. Today I loaded up occt again, this time maxing up to 1.29v! I checked my components, overclock settings and etc, (nothing was changed at all) and it was the same as yesterdays configuration, but for no reason at all the voltage increased today! Is this normal? Or am I facing something wrong with my computer!?

It's your LLC, the tighter it is, the less voltage fluctuation during different stages of load.

Thanks that did the job. For some reason it was ok yesterday with medium 25% llc, but i had to set it to 0% regular to get it to stop increasing. I guess this means another p95 stabibility test just to make sure......

....tt barely survived intel burn for 3 runs (compared to what i had yesterday succesfully running 20 times on very high with medium llc), for some reason it stays on 1.24v on ibt, looks like ill have to change llc to medium again......and live with that 1.29v.

If its only fluctuating 0.03 volts that is pretty dang good. Especially with LLC on a lower setting, Now remember the latest gen intel 2011 and 1155 voltage fluctuates with the processor clock speed, are you sure that the clock speed is not fluctuating during the Stability test, if it is going down say x1 multi on the proc then that will automatically lower the processor voltage. I think by around as much as you are seeing in fact?

Please verify this for me.

30 millivolts on heavy loading isn't really much of a concern IMHO. 30 mV isn't enough to cause heat concerns and IIRC it isn't enough over your current setting to be worried about degradation either. :cheers: