A friend gave me this...

Its a good offer IMO.

But does it include cosmos case? If yes, then it is not. Instead 550 can be considered as a good offer.

The sale would be the QX6850, the two 9800GT's, the sound card (all I know so far is that it is a bit older XFI card) the 4gb OCZ reaper, and the Case, as well as the Zalman CNPS9900ALED that I have laying around (switched it out after about two days when I saw the Corsair H50 for sale... lol).

• 5 weeks later...

Tbh, if you were looking for an HTPC and I gave you that system for free then you sold it. You wouldn't get anything from me ever again. Better make sure your friend won't get pissed before you even consider selling it.

Trading stuff directly for something more suitable is one thing but selling it is a whole nother story and might make your friend far less inclined to ever help you in the future.

I know I have given away probably close to $1,000 in hardware in the last couple years and I personally would be a little pissed if for example the $180 video card I bought for a friend then paid almost $100 to ship it to the UK including the customs fee's and he turned around and sold it. I'da have been pissed. Now, he did end up trading it for a slightly slower card and more ram seeing as he only had 2gb ram and I had no problem with that but he also used the card for about 2 years before he did that.

If your friend helped you that much then you need to make sure you don't abuse that help if you would like anymore in the future. That'd be like you needing a car to get to and from work and I give you one then you turn around and sell it then say "I'll just ride the bus instead".

:withstupid:

Selling?

Your friend gift you to use it not to sell it

Otherwise he would have sold it by himself and earn something

I would have to agree... I know I would be upset...

Unless when he gave it to you he said do what ever, use, disasemble, sell.... but to me permission to sell would have to be in the conversation.. (and I would still feel guilty if it was a gift to me..)