GPU with problem?

flaba

Hello cummunity,

So i bought recently an AMD Gigabyte R9 280x and im having some problems when playing certain games like Watch Dogs, Skyrim with realvision enb, or even cs go (so far these are the games that i experienced the problem with)

The problem is that sometimes I crash to desktop and i get a notification saying that the gfx controller had an error, other simply the screen goes black and the pc reboots or the screen goes stupid (has some black and dark grey bars - going to put a screen in the attach) and the pc freezes.

I have a Corsair 600W PSU is that the cause? not enought power?

Any thoughts?

post-81122-0-95013800-1405977199_thumb.jpg

Not sure what model number Corsair power supply you're running, but technically 600W is more than enough to power your rig with a single video card.

Since it only happens after extended gaming time, I would gander to say that it is either a heat problem, DX problem or driver problem.

Maybe try underclocking it a tad and gaming for a while?

Im using the factory settings.

I know, but just see if it makes a difference. Some cards are poorly binned and cannot do factory settings (especially if they are above the base clocks that the lowest end 280x or whatever is made with). Naturally if it cannot run factory speeds, and it runs at a lower clock speeds it should still be RMA'd but I'm just curious if it'd work.

Also i guess you could investigate the heat issue by having a temp monitoring/logging program open while you play games, or maybe try running 100% fan all the time and see if it still crashes