AMD Athlon 5350 Kabini for gaming?

ok so i was wandering if i would be able to use the cpu for gaming

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113364

i am looking for something with a low power footprint like a laptop but the feel of a desktop

i would pair it with 

8 gigs ddr 1600

win 7

evga 660 2gb

evga 600b psu

and 1080p led 

would i be able to game at decent settings

Edited by jdm_freek

Deprnding on the game you should be able to run med to high graphics settings and still get decent FPS.

Edited by kyfire

ok the  desktop i would be upgrading has a e6600 oc'd to 3.4ghz and 4 gigs ddr2

would this be a noticeable and worthwhile upgrade 

or should i spend the extra $125 for an fx-8350

and mind that i am gaming at 1920x1080 

Edited by jdm_freek

Based on the initial reviews of the Kabini parts the top tier Athlon is on par with an E8400 give or take when looking at gaming (obviously quad core vs dual core but the Kabini parts aren't exactly clocked very high) Factoring in that the E6600 is already clocked above the E8400's stock speed and clock for clock they are VERY similar parts I would say you wouldn't be going anywhere on performance.  I would personally add a better video card to the E6600 rig (750Ti if you want to keep overall power down as they draw ~40w OCed and under full load) and if you find a good deal grab a quad core for it and get the better deal.  

Also a 600W PSU is a silly idea for this class of rig.  You wont use anywhere NEAR that.  Hell I could run my main rig off a 350W if I swapped the 290X for my 750 Ti and the 4930K is rather power hungry.  If you go with the FX-8350 you might want to look at something more beefy, but the money's better spent on the video card vs an "8" Core CPU anyway.  Either a 6 core FX or even smarter might be the Pentium Anniversary Edition and a cheapist Z87 board. I say the Pentium because 1 They OC rather well, 2 they are much lower wattage than the FX parts and 3 you have an upgrade path to an i5/i7 later on should you want more out of the rig compared to the Kabini platform.  

So if going new my parts list would look something like this

Pentium G3258

Z87 Motherboard as almost all of the support the new CPUs and many are being clearanced to make room for Z97 options right now

Keep the 8GB ram option but go with a dual channel kit vs the single for Kabini

750 Ti to further reduce power foot print and it will do 1080p gaming with limited sacrifice

Probably something in the 450-500w PSU range as you'll find better deals than lower down in the range you actually NEED, 80 Plus Bronze or better and you should be fine (Newegg had a nice deal on a 500W eVGA when I was looking last night and they always have the 430W Corsair's cheap, though Corsair stiffed me on my last rebate for one of those and with the crap service after my watercooling leak I'm not going to recommend you buy anything from them but you're call because "$20" is a sweet price for the PSU...but I have yet to get their rebate processor to honor rebates and despite a rep getting me in touch with their rebate department I can't get so much as a response out of that person.