GTX 560 overheating help please

okay I have to brag for a second yesterday from Craigslist I picked up 5 graphics cards for $32

An evga GTX 480

2 GTX 460

EVGA GTX 560

and A 5770

now it's the GTX 560 made by EVGA that I am having a problem withas soon as I try to run anything graphic intensiveit instantly goes up to 90 degrees Celsius and starts to throttle

upon inspection I noticed that the heating screws Were loose so I remove The heatsink and that Tim was in really bad shape haven't got a chance to reapply but was wondering if this could be the cause of the issue

It certainly would make sense to change the TIM if it looked bad...

If it still has issues, do you like if EVGA would warranty service it?? (like is their lifetime warranty applied to that card, and if so, does it involve registering the card or would they just take it based on the serial)

Be sure to check if the heatsink actually makes good contact with the gpu.

It could be that if you re-apply the thermal paste and screw it back in, it would run like a dream, but it could also run bad because the heatsink on the said gpu isn't the original it was shipped with, hence giving problems.

Hopefully you get the card running fine after re-applying the TIM, those cards for that price was a steal!

ya me too 

plus i was glad to send back spent hours on other cards cleaning them 

the previous owners house smelt so bad like worse than a meth lab and it followed the cards

but still worth it 

two gtx 460 one gtx 480 one 5750 and soon one gtx 650 ti boost for $22 best pc deal ive mad thus far