Cooler Master N200 Reviewed

Bosco

I'll be glad when CM starts moving away from the "bubble" side panels.  Don't get me wrong, I love my C70, but I just don't think that the convex side panels scale well (cosmetically) with smaller chassis.  Of course that's just my opinion :)

I thought it was an interesting design choice including only a single 5.25" external drive bay and a 3.5" external floppy drive bay (although I guess that could be used for a card reader or other 3.5" accessory).

It is a nifty little chassis though considering how much you can stuff inside of it.

Chassis information & temperature database could be shares provided that both of them were done almost same setup (what it is) and at almost same ambient temperature.

Or, waiting for a few more chassis to arrive for review before actually reviewing it could also work.

I'm not saying it's a bad review or anything, but the lack of chassis present in the comparison list kinda kills one of the purpose of the review.

Hardware is different, even the same parts. One reviewer could have a CPU that runs hotter than another, or a video card, or something.

Reviewers need to have products coming in so they can have a bigger amount of items to compare with. Everyone has to start somewhere, and it wouldn't be fair for a new reviewer to get shafted on gear when his/her collection isn't that big to begin with. It takes a long time for reviews to come together, with constant testing and retesting of the same things over and over again that'd make a normal person's head explode with the redundancy.

I understand that this reviewer in particular doesn't have as many cases to benchmark against, but I also think that the benchmarking could have been done by another reviewer. Red could have done the whole review and just sent the case to Waco to do some temperature benchmarks (maybe an hour of his time?) and he could just put up the charts. It gives the new reviewer the chance to actually review the item, but gives us as a community a better understanding of the case.

I dunno, the system is just a little flawed is all. 

Edited by Locutus

I understand that this reviewer in particular doesn't have as many cases to benchmark against, but I also think that the benchmarking could have been done by another reviewer. Red could have done the whole review and just sent the case to Waco to do some temperature benchmarks (maybe an hour of his time?) and he could just put up the charts. It gives the new reviewer the chance to actually review the item, but gives us as a community a better understanding of the case.

This is what I was thinking also, don't the reviewers share info, but after I put more thought to it, each reviewer would have to have identical hardware which just isn't practical. :no:

This is what I was thinking also, don't the reviewers share info, but after I put more thought to it, each reviewer would have to have identical hardware which just isn't practical. :no:

Then there are shipping costs, the delayed writing of the review, and the separate experiences of the two reviewers to deal with.

The current system is the best system for us since we are spread out so much. Waco and BluePanda are the only reviewers in the same state as each other, after all.

Besides, has to start somewhere.

Seriously? :lol:

Not only is that totally impractical but I have the feeling that you don't get how much time goes into each review.

Flawed? No, I don't see the concern here. Even if it was by itself it shows the results with his hardware in the case. Does that make the data less relevant? I think not! How many sites have case comparisons?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-N200-Case-Review/1770     Here we have no comparisons

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/henry-butt/cooler-master-n200-mini-tower-case-review/     Nor here

http://lanoc.org/review/cases/6449-cooler-master-n200                                                                         Nope not here either

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolermaster_n200/                 Yep We do!

These are all off the first results page on Google.

http://www.legitreviews.com/articles/case/    None here either

So with that being said is having comparisons a good or bad thing?  It seems we have  unique look in that respect providing a bigger picture view.

That's definitely not a solution.

Two reviewers could have different opinion about it plus the 2x (wasted) time to review the product virtually twice.

Do you have any any idea who many new reviewers we have? Waco didn't have time to do the case so it is what it is.

The price is very attractive and it is actually smaller than a Prodigy while holding an mATX board without modding. This case has my interested for an AMD APU build.

I am curious to see what would happen if an H60 was used instead of an H100 and mounted at the back of the case. Taking the CPU heat put of the case might help the GPU temps.

Edited by ComputerEd