GTX 590 Reviewed

Bosco

That XFX situation was ridiculous. I never understood it, as most all the other manufacturers were selling both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, anyway. It must have been something really personal.

Same with BFG, I was royally pissed at nvidia for not partnering with them anymore :angry:

I want to get one of the BFG ati cards for collector's sake :happy:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That XFX situation was ridiculous. I never understood it, as most all the other manufacturers were selling both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, anyway. It must have been something really personal.

The stuff I was hearing was XFX was concerned about the first editions of Fermi and were really worried about losing money so they decided to leave Nvidia for the time being. From what I have been told they may come back to Nvidia down the road.

Same with BFG, I was royally pissed at nvidia for not partnering with them anymore :angry:

I want to get one of the BFG ati cards for collector's sake :happy:

BFG was in a lot of money trouble and really didn't have a whole lot to do with Nvidia from my understanding. It was sad to see another company disappear, but if anyone was going to go I was betting on it being BFG at that time.

I'm sure you know more about this than me, but didn't nVidia refuse to let them have any of the 400 and 500 series because they were pushing the HD5000 series? Still, that's the only example that I can think of while you can probably list a few more for either company (nVidia or AMD).

Hopefully they can get everything worked out, because those cards are quite an investment to lose.

the story i think you were thinking of was something along the lines of to get supply of the 400 series nvidia was forcing their partners to buy large volumes of the 200 series. Although i could be wrong and it could have been from one of those ultra reliable news sources like semi-accurate:rolleyes: or i could be on the completely wrong track :P