Sony Vaio eject button doesn't work

Crow47

I'm working on a Sony Vaio for a friend, and after a Vista Home Premium 32 install, the eject button on the side of the keyboard doesn't work. It is a VGN-AR320E. I have scanned the Vaio website for what driver it might look like several times but none of them seem to work. The internet is otherwise failing me, too. Please help, OCC!

What button ejects the disc?

Is it a normal button or a standalone button on the drive its self?

Try this:

Download the attached program below and unzip it

Place this program in a folder where it wont be deleted (Windows directory maybe?)

You have two options from here:

1. Place a shortcut to ejectcd.exe on the desktop, open up the properties and make a shortcut key (ctrl+E or preferrable try yo map the unused eject key)
  2. Place a shortcut to ejectcd.exe in the quick launch bar, then you press the WIN key plus the number of the shortcut (if it is first then you press WIN+1 etc.)

;)

ejectcd.zip

Do the other special sony buttons work? (i.e. FN keys, media keys, etc)

Did you install:

sonysharedlibrary

sony firmware extension parser

any registry updates for dvd drives

There should be a pinhole that you can stick a small paperclip or pin in to eject it manually.

I'm working on a Sony Vaio for a friend, and after a Vista Home Premium 32 install, the eject button on the side of the keyboard doesn't work. It is a VGN-AR320E. I have scanned the Vaio website for what driver it might look like several times but none of them seem to work. The internet is otherwise failing me, too. Please help, OCC!

my computer, right click cd/dvd drive, and hit eject, or... use a little paper clip in the little hole by the button and poke around til it opens, thats what i dowith my hp laptop since someone broke the button on it

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions, but believe me, I already know how to eject a disk without the eject key. Rather, the guy who owns this laptop is fairly anal, and he just wants EVERY button to work on the laptop.

The problem I am now having is that I can't get the utilities dll package to install. It goes through the installer all fine and dandy but the dll just won't start. I think it is this lack of starting on the dll's part that is preventing the utilities from executing properly.