LCD Flat Panel TV as PC Monitor?

FashionFish

I use a 40" 1080p LCD with my Acer Revo net-top. While I wouldn't say text is 100% perfect, changing icon and default text size helps a lot.

I mainly tend to use XBMC with 1080p MKV rips. Looks perfectly good to me - even the odd game is fine. Bit big for a desk though!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a 40" 1080p LCD with my Acer Revo net-top. While I wouldn't say text is 100% perfect, changing icon and default text size helps a lot.

I mainly tend to use XBMC with 1080p MKV rips. Looks perfectly good to me - even the odd game is fine. Bit big for a desk though!

Lol, 40" on your desk whoa.gif

I swear I've seen someone with that. Maybe Waco?

Yep. I run a 42" 1080p monitor (yes, monitor, it has no TV tuner :P) as my main display on my desktop.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=13401

I absolutely love it for gaming / drunk programming. :) Input lag is non-existent and aside from the relatively large pixel size (and the need to use FSAA) it's by far one of the better purchases I've made for my computer.

Edited by Waco

I'm using a Panasonic Viera S1 32" Alpha S-IPS, very low input lag. You gotta be careful with LCD TV's as monitors as 98% of them are no worth buying due to high input lag.

That's what I'm hearing from people I know. Are you running at 1920 x 1080?

Yep. I run a 42" 1080p monitor (yes, monitor, it has no TV tuner tongue.gif) as my main display on my desktop.

http://forums.overcl...attach_id=13401

I absolutely love it for gaming / drunk programming. smile.gif Input lag is non-existent and aside from the relatively large pixel size (and the need to use FSAA) it's by far one of the better purchases I've made for my computer.

Heh heh, what the hell do you need those glasses for then? thumbsup3.gif

Beware, that little red guy just drank your coke and is now reaching for the pen ermm.gif

The only problem i had was the text was not as sharp on the tv and sometimes it was a little hard to read.. I have it at 1080p res, i have a 26in monitor also, but i stream movies to the tv.

If you use proper cabling and set up the set properly it should be as sharp as any monitor (unless you *really* have a junky HDTV). LCD screens are by nature just as sharp as any other for the most part.