[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

Before you all start bad mouthing a black hood...

The hood was already fucked. There was no recovering from where it was when I got it. It has chicken feet cracks all over it, from what, I don't know. It's how it was when I bought it. The rock chips are growing with all my trips to ABQ so for a few bucks I plasti-dipped her. 

I REALLY like the way it came out -- I'd seriously consider doing the ENTIRE car...with a sprayer of course, but damn, I LIKE. :)

Here's the hood from earlier today. Just put it back on the car with Waco's help.

IMG_20140405_125238_315%20(Medium).jpg

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look pretty sweet.

Come on...what's missing in that pictar?  :whistling:

OMFG

I just thought he hood was up, I only quickly glanced at the pic.

Derp...

:pfp:

Edited by Andrewr05

Looks pretty nice on ze car. I almost want to do the ENTIRE CAR. 

IMG_20140405_151225_598%20(Medium).jpg

actually, i saw that pic on your FB post and thot "now how the hell did she get that whole damned hood in a plastidip can" ?? .... well however you did it it makes the hood look like one of the carbon fibre jobs,....pretty cool manda !!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: sorta...

Decided I want to keep the car longer than I planned (decided to hold off even longer on the FRS)...so I've got some planned changes ahead (as the weather continues to stay WARM damnit).

Hint: Today I bought the following...

-new heater/AC blower motor/fan

-tire filler with gauge

-some pasta

-air compressor

-a couple other things...

Wait you did all this work and want to get rid of it lol

Her plan was to replace it with a new Scion FRS but she's thinking she wants to keep the Focus quite a bit longer than the "next year sometime" timeframe she was thinking of before.

No offense but....who would buy it?? It's so customized to how she wanted it to look, a buyer may be scared away by how custom it is. Maybe think it was raced hard and what not, ya know??