Timeout

gebraset

I was a failure and didn't copy the error and ID, but I just received a timeout error. This is probably the second or third time its happened to me in the last two weeks, and it seems to only occur for five or ten minutes at a time.

The error shows a network map from the Internet, to CloudFlare, then to the actual OCC site itself. During this time, I was unable to access OCC or the OCC forums, and a new error ID was produced each time I couldn't access the pages.

Has anyone else been experiencing this lately?

P.S. I saw the bug reporting thread wasn't touched since 2009, so I wasn't sure it if was still valid, hence this thread.  :whistling:

The first time that it happened, I cannot remember. This last time, the one I am describing within my initial post in this thread, the error occured roughly 10-15 minutes before.

The reason Dave is asking is because the database backup occurs in the middle of the night (I forget the exact time), so if you try to access the site at that time, you may get a timeout before it finishes depending on what you're trying to access.

Aahhhh, alright. I wasn't aware that the backup was occurring around that time. Nonetheless, I believe the error occurred around noon EST, just a bit before I made this thread.

noon??? are you sure you didn't mean midnight? o.O. Backups definitely do not occur in the middle of the day.