Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (ETA Nov 4, 2014)

ClayMeow

Come on now...even in the Netherlands, how do you not know who Kevin Spacey is?!?!?!?! o.O

It's a joke. Kevin Spacey is in the likes of Superman Returns, American Beauty, Horrible Bosses, K-Pax, and House of Cards.

I've only seen Horrible Bosses but I barely remember him.

At least his character can't be worse than Hesh in COD Ghosts... Seriously, that guy hardly shows any emotions, it's almost a joke. 

Dude, you need to watch American Beauty! Now he's best known for House of Cards, but American Beauty is what put him on the map and it's a great movie. Also, a 20-yr-old Mena Suvari....'nuff said.

Come on now...even in the Netherlands, how do you not know who Kevin Spacey is?!?!?!?! o.O

It's a joke. Kevin Spacey is in the likes of Superman Returns, American Beauty, Horrible Bosses, K-Pax, and House of Cards.

At least his character can't be worse than Hesh in COD Ghosts... Seriously, that guy hardly shows any emotions, it's almost a joke. 

Dude, you need to watch American Beauty! Now he's best known for House of Cards, but American Beauty is what put him on the map and it's a great movie. Also, a 20-yr-old Mena Suvari....'nuff said.

I think it was "The Usual Suspects" that put him on the map, good sir! Good day!

I think it was "The Usual Suspects" that put him on the map, good sir! Good day!

That was just a supporting role though :P

Anywho, some new details, and certainly looking like it's basically Crysis.

That was just a supporting role though :P

Anywho, some new details, and certainly looking like it's basically Crysis.

One thing that I felt Crysis 2 and 3 were missing was a good storyline like the story in the first game.

Now it seems Activision is providing its attempt to combine a good storyline and enjoyable "super-soldier" gameplay - but will the graphics be anywhere close to the "last gen" Crysis games ?

I'm really hoping I am not disappointed with the graphics like I was with Ghosts.

Ghosts had great detail on the characters, but the environment let it down. I still feel like some of the trees and walls from Ghosts look worse than in Battlefield 2  :-/

Crysis had a good story? More like average :P At least Crysis 2 had some more interesting characters like Hargreaves, and Rasch could have been better in 3, with both those 2 making the first story better.

Cloak seems to be the most hated suit mode in the last 2 Crysis games so I'm not sure on it's gonna sell/retain it's MP population if it's in MP.

Odd somebody seems to have edited a previous post of mine

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Cloak seems to be the most hated suit mode in the last 2 Crysis games so I'm not sure on it's gonna sell/retain it's MP population if it's in MP.

Cloak is extremely well balanced in Titanfall, but there are aspects of that game that make it easier to balance than it may be in this.

1. Cloaking makes you almost completely invisible to Titans (see #2) and Auto-Titans will never attack you, but you appear as a translucent blur to other pilots.

2. If you use your jump jets (double jump), the fire exhaust is visible.

3. It's very quick...maybe just five seconds...and firing your weapon or getting hit by an Arc Grenade/Mine cancels the cloak.

4. While cloaked, if you aim down the sights, you don't see your reticle, which makes it more difficult to have the pinpoint accuracy usually necessary to take out pilots.

So basically, it's great to attack Titans or sneak past them, but not much else. I still prefer it over other abilities though.

Cloak is extremely well balanced in Titanfall, but there are aspects of that game that make it easier to balance than it may be in this.

1. Cloaking makes you almost completely invisible to Titans (see #2) and Auto-Titans will never attack you, but you appear as a translucent blur to other pilots.

2. If you use your jump jets (double jump), the fire exhaust is visible.

3. It's very quick...maybe just five seconds...and firing your weapon or getting hit by an Arc Grenade/Mine cancels the cloak.

4. While cloaked, if you aim down the sights, you don't see your reticle, which makes it more difficult to have the pinpoint accuracy usually necessary to take out pilots.

So basically, it's great to attack Titans or sneak past them, but not much else. I still prefer it over other abilities though.

1. No Titans that I am aware of in this game(who knows), vehicle play will be discussed when the game is out since kill streaks like the chopper with infrared light should show the suited up characters(might not be infrared in the future).

2. Depends on what character model is used in MP, if it's just the exoskeleton with no booster jet then there will be no marker.

3. Quick? You mean short. That mechanic is present in pretty much all games which have cloak.

4. Depends on the sight, holographic and the like shouldn't be affected, and the iron sights in games like Crysis aren't hard to make out. And for them wanting to keep the majority of the players they will more than likely keep crosshairs for hipfiring so aiming won't be a problem. That and not having a sight system where you can aim in cloak is a pretty lame overlook if they want to make it believable.

If the implemented cloak is closer to Crysis than Titanfall people will complain a lot, coming from somebody whose been playing the game a lot and is present on their forums. I'm not sure they're comfortable changing the experience too much so cloak might just be a gimmick.

Edited by DanTheGamer11

It's another cookie cutter Call of Duty game, who really cares?

Oh? So you played the game through the story and its multi-player?

Tell me, where i can find this time machine that you used to play the game.

Nope I'm just going off their current track record for releasing crap games.

From Gamespot

• In development at Sledgehammer Games for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. A separate studio to be named later is working on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. There's no word on Wii U.
  • The game runs on a new and unspecified game engine.
  • The story opens with a catastrophic event that Sledgehammer Games cofounder Michael Condrey describes as "like a global 9/11." There's little more to go on, but major cities on multiple continents are affected by some kind of terrorism perpetrated by a terrorist organization called KVA.
  • It is set in 2054.
  • You play a character named Private Mitchell, who is voiced by prolific voice actor Troy Baker. You may know Baker for his recent roles in The Last of Us (Joel), BioShock Infinite (Booker), and Batman: Arkham Origins (The Joker). Mitchell only speaks during cutscenes; never during gameplay.
  • Mitchell starts Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare as a Marine, who is squadmates with Will Irons, the son of Private Military Company Atlas Corporation CEO Jonathan Irons (played by Kevin Spacey). After their tour of duty is done, the elder Irons asks Mitchell if he wants to leave the Marines to join his father's company. Mitchell says yes and is outfitted with an "EXO" suit for his new job.
  • Unlike past Call of Duty games, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has only one protagonist.
  • Kevin Spacey says he was "very excited" about joining the game when he was originally approached.
  • You'll earn points every mission that can be used to upgrade your EXO suit. Using the EXO suit, you can climb walls with magnetic gloves, boost-dodge toward cover, perform super-jumps that let you get to higher ground, use optic camouflage for cloaking, and hover in mid-air.
  • Your arsenal includes "variable grenades," which can be switched from concussion to threat detection while they cook. The threat detection grenade reveals enemy locations and makes this information available via an augmented reality system visible in your visor.
  • Some of your guns are energy-based, and do not use traditional ammunition.
  • There is a rideable vehicle called a Pitbull, which is based on the real world Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle.
  • There's no official word on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer yet, but Condrey teases, "You can probably imagine the possibilities of a lot of the stuff you saw in single-player and how it would apply online." Activision also says it is "absolutely committed" to supporting eSports.
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will have some kind of co-op mode.
  • Veteran Metal Gear Solid composer Harry Gregson-Williams is working on the game's soundtrack. Audio director Don Veca says, "I think Advanced Warfare is going to be the best-sounding and certainly the best-mixed game ever."
  • In an effort to create a believable world, Activision consulted with "experts from production design in movies to experts in the military to scientists and futurists," according to Sledgehammer cofounder Glen Schofield.

"Using the EXO suit, you can climb walls with magnetic gloves, boost-dodge toward cover, perform super-jumps that let you get to higher ground, use optic camouflage for cloaking, and hover in mid-air." Got me excited :) Sounds like you can do most of the things you could do in Halo Reach which was quite fun

Edited by DanTheGamer11

New unspecified engine?? really? have to see how the engine is.. 

Unusual Suspect and American Beauty are Kevin Spacey's best pictures out there.

Edited by Gremlin

• 3 months later...

Doesn't look bad, can see something I assume will be called a Goliath since the award is called "David" for destroying it which is like the Hardsuit in Blacklight retribution. Am looking forward to this a lot, great replacement for Crysis 3 which I'm not a fan of

*Edit* More vids and Goliath confirmed from Gamespot

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Battlefield 4 is going to be the last FPS online game I play.  COD is just recycled crap and Battlefield 4 has been a mess and still has many problems.  These are two game series that have so many resources yet always fall short or have issues.

• Like 1