Occ News: Ultra To Debut 2000w Psu @ Ces

"In fact, most household circuits can't even provide the AC power this unit would require in order to put out 2000W of DC power.

I don't think this is a true 2kW device. I think that it will actually consistently put out 1800, but Ultra is gonna bank on no one having a circuit that can provide the 2kW.

Also, has Ultra cleaned up there act since the original XConnect? I know that was plagued with unsteady rails.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is a true 2kW device. I think that it will actually consistently put out 1800, but Ultra is gonna bank on no one having a circuit that can provide the 2kW.

Also, has Ultra cleaned up there act since the original XConnect? I know that was plagued with unsteady rails.

Yes, the X-Connect 2 is a good PSU now, along with there recent mid-high end lines

and the x-connects 1 weren't that bad... just people jumping on to the hate bandwagon

Steve needs one how do you think he keeps the light on for his camel :lol:

it will also power his tredmil to stay in shape :D

im curiouse to see if this is actually all they claim, ill be sure to check it out down in CES :)

"In fact, most household circuits can't even provide the AC power this unit would require in order to put out 2000W of DC power.

erm, yeah, maybe in crappy US where you blow fuses and circuit-breakers when running two computers in a room or something... over here in the UK where we have the best mains plugs in the world, it's 3.1kW per socket... you could easily have 8-12 sockets per room... quite common to have 50 or 60 amp fuses... so at 240V that's 12-14.4kW right there

i don't know how you crazy americans even have kitchens and not blow all your fuses... i remember an electric kettle taking like 5 minutes to boil a cup of water over there lol, my one over here takes about 30-40 seconds (3.1kW kettle)

Infact the uk sockets/circuit lay out is quite silly as there in a ringmain... 30a tirp for one circuit but its feed from both sides of a socket (15amps from one set of wires and 15amps from the other at wich point the trip would trip to stop the cables bruning) so if you damaged a cable you could draw up to 30A down say a 16A (which would be one set of cables) cable befor the trip trips over a matter of time your cables may start a fire..

just so you no :)

Edited by firky

Yes, the X-Connect 2 is a good PSU now, along with there recent mid-high end lines

and the x-connects 1 weren't that bad... just people jumping on to the hate bandwagon

Actually, "mine" was. I think my 12V rails was At 11.2 ish. and my 5 Was @ 3.8... <_<

Besides I Wube the Hate bandwagon. :)

Nice. Has anyone thought about their power bill? I like the power, but does anyone really need that much? Besides, the average home/office circuit can only really support a maximum of 1500W. You'll have to do some upgrading to your wiring to your home/office/apartment to use that. Not worth it.

yup... but generally with shedloads of amps that you don't seem to have in the US for some reason...

One ROOM in the US is usually set at around 120v at 20amps, MAX

so yes, this is the standard right now