Best AVI (FRAPS) Video Converter

neko77025

sup all,

Trying too find the best Video Converter for AVI files (FRAPS VIDEOS). Will be posting Videos on youtube & and would LOVE if the software would use AMD APP / ATI STREAM .

sup all,

Trying too find the best Video Converter for AVI files (FRAPS VIDEOS). Will be posting Videos on youtube & and would LOVE if the software would use AMD APP / ATI STREAM .

Freemake Video Converter should do the trick extremely well, and for free :D

Linky

I know it uses CUDA, but tbh I find that to be more of a gimmick than anything, my 580 never hits 5% utilization when I'm converting -.-

Freemake Video Converter should do the trick extremely well, and for free :D

Linky

I know it uses CUDA, but tbh I find that to be more of a gimmick than anything, my 580 never hits 5% utilization when I'm converting -.-

You should try badaboom then my 560s both get to 100% utilization with it and it makes a difference enabling sli as well. I convert a 60fps+ when going mkv to mpeg4 so I can watch files on my xbox.

@op sorry mate skimmed over your post you want to utilize ati stream you can't use cuda cores cos you don't have them. Have you tried downloading and using the avio video converter from ati.

Edited by Stonerboy779

You should try badaboom then my 560s both get to 100% utilization with it and it makes a difference enabling sli as well. I convert a 60fps+ when going mkv to mpeg4 so I can watch files on my xbox.

@op sorry mate skimmed over your post you want to utilize ati stream you can't use cuda cores cos you don't have them. Have you tried downloading and using the avio video converter from ati.

Really? Well color me shocked and impressed. Time to give it a test run :)

Thanks Stonerboy ^^

edit: Badaboom used 14%-15% utilization on my 580 bummer :\ [avi to iPhone] ~61FPS

edit2: And on MKV to iPhone I'm seeing 5-8% utilization, just like Freemake, and Freemake is free while Badaboom isn't :( ~72FPS

Edited by Munkypoo7

Really? Well color me shocked and impressed. Time to give it a test run :)

Thanks Stonerboy ^^

edit: Badaboom used 14%-15% utilization on my 580 bummer :\ [avi to iPhone] ~61FPS

edit2: And on MKV to iPhone I'm seeing 5-8% utilization, just like Freemake, and Freemake is free while Badaboom isn't :( ~72FPS

unlucky i just did a run to iphone because i hadn't used it yet and well see for yourself... (mkv to iphone) 200+fps

Also your gpu utilization seems low but cuda doesn't use all of the gfx cards potential, they have small requirements on power. I would think significantly higher than 5-8%. It wrong when I said it does use it all it uses te cards to there max potential however.

Also cuda works with encoding using H.264 codec (e.g. AVI, MP4, Apple, PSP, Adroid). Check what codec the files are using.

I would think your fps would be higher as you have a 580 and i have my 560s in sli which only yielded 20-30% performance increase which annoyed me a little.

post-78215-0-85800600-1315662949_thumb.png

Edited by Stonerboy779

• 3 years later...

Maybe a spammer since his recommendation is for a "paid" solution and this is a 1st post   :)   I'll keep an eye on him/her.

Or it could just be that AJ is new and trying to help out................

We'll see.  Even I've been guilty of resurrecting a dead thread   :)